Impacted wisdom teeth removal

Options
Celebi03
Celebi03 Posts: 310 Member
I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed soon. I have four and they'll all impacted (underneath the gums)

wondering if anyone else had to go through this and did it hurt? I have no pain tolerance ._.

Replies

• nzs110b
    nzs110b Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I don't know if all four of mine were, but some definitely were. The pain meds they gave me did not work. Luckily my mom had something stronger for me to use. Not the smarted idea ever, but take it with a glass of wine, it really helped :D
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have all 4 the same and had them removed about 8 years ago. I was put out and when I woke I felt great. Once the meds faded away I felt no pain. The next day I was eating chips....Maybe that is why I am on here now? :huh:
    Good Luck!
  • Coreyroed77
    Options
    I had 4 out back in Feb. 1 was impacted. Just get knocked out, and get the gas. Its no big deal. Your teeth will hurt a little for a week or so. Get Percocet from the doc, and take 2 at a time. No worries. It wasn't that bad, and I'm 36.
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I had my four taken out last year and it was not a biggy at all. They put you under and once you wake up you won't be able to stop smiling due to the crap they put you under with.

Waking up was an awesome party! Make sure you have a ride home....

They give you some meds and tell you not to use straws in soda/water so you do not form air pockets were the teeth were extracted from.
  • Celebi03
    Celebi03 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing your experiences! I will admit I'm ****ting my pants LOL but I hope it goes well. I probably made a mistake by watching an impacted wisdom teeth removal video ._. but I'll try to forget about that.. xD :laugh:
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Not to scare you, but yes, it will hurt. But they will give you happy, happy drugs. Take the drugs ONLY as the doctor prescribes them (ie, don't take extra), and you'll be fine.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I had mine removed at 15. The only problem I had was one of the holes closed up and had food particles in it because I didn't clean it so well, I got an abcess, my face swelled up and I looked like a chipmunk (one sided). I had to go back, have it cut open, they put a drain tube in it, and rotten food leaked into my mouth. I also couldn't eat anything but soup for a week during this time.

But the pain wasn't bad. Even being a teenager.

ETA I have a high tolerance for pain. I actually went into labor at 34 weeks with contractions every 5 minutes and didn't feel a thing. I didn't even know until I was at the doctor office for a checkup.
  • MrsJ1105
    MrsJ1105 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I had mine out about 15 years ago. They put me under, I had all 4 removed and went home. I had no bruising or swelling or any of that stuff. No pain either. The worst part for me was using that syringe thing to get food out of the holes because sometimes it was the most uncomfortable feeling. I'm shuddering now thinking about it. A word of advice - until the holes close, ground beef is NOT your friend. That got stuck in the holes the most and was sooo hard to get out.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Got three of my four out (the fourth one is too high it's sitting in the bone just below my sinus cavity) the meds they give you to knock you out will keep you from feeling anything and most likely you won't have a memory of it (the place that did mine had a window outside the room, I can only remember the squirrel in the tree and when I woke up I was in a different side room on a cot, I have no memory of being put in that room or how I got there, all I can remember is that I got up and went toward the reception desk so I could leave, told the lady I wanted my mom so I could go home, she told me to go back and lie down, I needed to stay for a while for the drugs to wear off a little more, I said okay and she sent my mom back, I don't remember even leaving the office.)
    The only thing I had a problem with was that I got what they call dry socket in one of them, the assistant didn't want to give me any more of the pain meds (I called and asked when I ran out of the few they gave me) because she didn't believe that I was having any pain (when I left after my follow up appointment with a script in hand for a few days more of the pain meds, she was being told off by the oral surgeon for not consulting him before refusing me the script because when he saw how much pain I was in he asked why I didn't call and ask for more pain meds, I told him I did, who I spoke to, and what she said, he was livid)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Yup, I was put under anesthesia for removal of my 4 impacted wisdom teeth and it all went totally fine. I was a bit goofy when I woke up and had a nice long nap when I got home. The only bad thing about the whole experience was that my bloody drool stained my favorite pillow and I had to replace it.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    my daughter just had this done 3 weeks ago all 4 impacted as well, she said it was painful the first week, the 2nd week mild pain and annoying from the stitches and healing, by end of 2nd week she was going to amusement parks and work. She is now feeling a lot better no pain meds, an occasional random pain and she just takes ibruprophen for, max 4 weeks to heal I would imagine for worst case. Get lots of jello, soft foods, mashed potatoes, noodles, nothing you have to chew, apple sauce, very soft foods, for the first week. Good Luck.
  • sowich25
    sowich25 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I had 4 out at once. First night sucked but after that I was good. Good luck