New to MyFitnessPal. Any suggestions?

Like I said, I am new and I could use some help in lowering my carb intake. My Goals: 27% Carbohydrates, 35% Fat, and 38% Protein. I'm at about 65% daily carbs on average this week. This is the first week that I started to track my nutrition through MyFitnessPal.

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    welcome
    what suggestions are you looking for
    are you trying to lose weight? are u trying to eat healthier because the two are not mutually inclusive
  • SolomonSilva
    SolomonSilva Posts: 3 Member
    Yes. I am mainly trying to lose weight. I am specifically trying to lose body fat. I have set a goal to come down to 25% body fat percentage by the end of July. I know that I can do it, but I think that my carbs are hindering my attempts.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited June 2015
    Read all of the sticky treads at the tops of the forum topics. They answer a lot of common questions and provide a lot of very useful advice.

Get a food scale and weigh all of your solids and measure all of your liquids. Accuracy is very important.

Your carbs are not an issue if you are following the Calories in calories out plan correctly. Don't get too hung up on macro numbers. Look at them as minimums to reach not maximums to stay under.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    As above don't get totally obsessed over Macros. This thread is a good start http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1