GNC LEAN SHAKE???

Options
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone has tried the GNC lean shake and if it worth giving a try??? Please respond if you have tried it...

Replies

• MsCoconut
    MsCoconut Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I was planning on buying the shake today, I will let you know once I try! :0)
  • amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Options
    I have the swiss chocolate. I put two scoops, a handful or two of ice and a little less than a cup of water to make a deeeelicious shake. I have to have something thick and ice-creamy or i just don't feel full. They are delicious, have lots of protein to make you feel full, but have very little sugar so you don't get that "I need more sugar" feeling that you get from other shakes.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if your looking for a protein shake, but this isn't that great.
    This does not have "lots of of protein". Esecially for the money you pay.

GNC - Lean Shake. $30.00 for 1.7lbs that hold 16 servinings.
    2 scoops per serving.
    The ratio - 66% carb 20% protein 10% fat

Total 180 calories - With 30grams of carbs which 5 grams are sugar. Not sure what the other 25 grams of carbs are.
    2 grams of fat.
    ONLY 9 grams of protein - Reminds me of slim fast.

Compared to.. (I'm biased with Dymatize Elite Protein powder)
    Mix with water
    1 scoop - 114 calories
    24 grams or protein
    0 grams of sugar
    1.5grams of fat

$47 for a 5lb Tub - 73 servings.

GNC lean shake- $1.88 per serving - 9 grams of protein
    Dymatize elite PP- $ 0.64 per serving - 24 grams or protein.

Oh yah Dymatize taste great in Chocolate and Orange - Getting ready to open up my Banana flavoured.
  • amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Options
    Sorry THUMPER. Never heard of Dymatize.
  • laurenpence
    laurenpence Posts: 147
    Options
    Ok I tried the GNC lean shake for 3 months and it just wasn't enough protein and it didn't really help me out much so i switched to GNC AMP. It is a whey protein and the serving size is three scoops but i do one with one cup of milk. One scoop of the protein is about 93 calories plus your milk which I used skim so that meal turns out to be about 190 calorie breakfast, perfect for my breakfast before I go to the gym. In one scoop of the protein there is 20g of protein. I have been using this protein for about 2 months and I love it so much! No it doesn't make you bulky. Try it out, I am sure you will love it. The vanilla is good with milk and water, the chocolate is only good with milk. I haven't tried the strawberry. I like the vanilla just because I can add a banana and ice and make a yummy smoothie.
  • marzenka012192
    Options
    I just bought the strawberries & cream one. going to start it tomorrow, i think that it will work pretty well. probably going to take 1 scoop, b/c when i see the 180 calories for 2 scoops, yikes. freaks me out. lol
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/110206-gnc-total-lean-shake?page=1#posts-1534240

I posted my 2 cents there.

One thing to remember is that GNC Total Lean is for weight loss and weight loss only. It does exactly what it is advertised to do. When you look at the enclosed meal plan you will see their are snacks and meals that contain protein.

Eat a boiled egg for a snack, thats what I do.

It needs to be noted that weight loss meal replacement shakes are completely different than those that are designed for lifters, marathoners, and body builders , that is why they are called protein shakes and not weight loss shakes.

Some people can't handle the higher protein because they are not burning it off like a body builder or even a runner would.

It is important to find out through a nutritionist what your personal nutritional values should be based on your body, weight and fitness.

I say, if you want to try it, try the single serving pack they have available for about a $1 instead of buying a whole container and see if it a good match for you. Just because someone else does not like it or it did not work for them does not mean it will be the same for you.
  • curlsallover
    Options
    I tried it and I loved it. It has a very good flavor (except for vanilla bean) and it's very thick. It curbs appetite very well. I take it an hour before the morning work out. I tried other protein shakes (like pure protein with very few calories) - baaaaaaaad..