Do you have a treat day?

Options
kmab1985
kmab1985 Posts: 295 Member
Just wondered if people had a treat day in the week? I do, I have mine on a Friday or Saturday, I dont gorge myself on chocolates etc, I just enjoy a takeaway and wine without counting it plus I do hit the gym everyday in the week

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    No, I eat treats daily. I limit high calorie things when trying to lose weight, but do not limit treats in general.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    No. I work the foods I like into my regular calorie allowance. It would be easy for me to undo an entire week's worth of deficit if I wasn't counting my calories.

A few times a year, I'll skip logging on a special occasion and just enjoy the day. Weddings, Thanksgiving, things like that.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Any day that ends in Y gets me a treat.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'd probably have to change my profile picture if I had one...

edit: Also shouldn't this be in Food and Nutrition?
  • kmab1985
    kmab1985 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Yeah I did think that actually, in fact I thought I had put it on Food & Nutrition - sorry!
  • laurac48
    laurac48 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Friday for me or Saturday , sometimes both (within limits of course) I'll have my few drinks and a takeaway , otherwise it's just torture lol
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Usually the weekend, Friday nights or saturdays, I eat what I want and have some drinks. It's usually for one meal and my deficit during the week is large enough to accommodate the extra calories, so my weekly deficit still allows me to lose weight.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Every day
  • Hannah220190
    Hannah220190 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    kmab1985 wrote: »
    Just wondered if people had a treat day in the week? I do, I have mine on a Friday or Saturday, I dont gorge myself on chocolates etc, I just enjoy a takeaway and wine without counting it plus I do hit the gym everyday in the week

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Every day is a treat day for me. :) If I want a higher calorie treat (sweet or savory), I just plan for it. I try to enjoy everything I eat, and in doing that, I never feel deprived.
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I don't set aside certain days of the week for it and I log everything, even if it's 10 tequila shots and pizza lol.
    My little bro's grad is coming up on Sunday, and my family is going out for dinner at my favorite restaurant. So I've been eating a bit less than what I'm "allowed" to eat per day by 100 - 200 calories this week. Not so that I'm starving, but I've just been passing on snacks. So Sunday I'll be able to go over without feeling too guilty. I'll probably do this for holidays and other special occasions too.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't have any scheduled days or whatever...I kick a lot of *kitten* nutritionally speaking...and I take my kiddos out for pizza now and then...stuff like that. I'm not of the mindset of OMG...I just ate pizza...HALP.

My health and well being is dictated by what I'm doing the vast majority of the time...not pizza night every couple weeks or whatever.
  • jnoegrah
    jnoegrah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have a treat moderation 'weekend'. I keep it within reason, but during the week its back to the grind.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I have recently started going to maintenance on weekends. This has worked really well for me.