Have I Stalled? No weight loss and I feel more hungry & have sleep problems last 2 weeks

Options
Height: 5'7
Start weight: 138 MFP 1450 calories
Current weight: 133 (for the last 2 weeks) MFP adjusted calories to 1240 with my weightloss
Goal weight: 129
Exercise: T25 in BETA cycle now and going to start Gamma next week! Total weeks exercise complete = 9 weeks

I feel more hungry and more tired now and my weight loss slowed down and has remained the same for the last 2 weeks (maybe it`s to do with my last 2 weeks of crappy sleep, feels like I am too anxious to fall asleep now and i wake early.. like 5h30am now instead of the alarm waking me at 6h45am) MFP has adjusted me to 1240 net calories and I eat back my exercise calories (i usually burn about 200 by my HRM) Carb 40% fat 30% protien 30% I eat that ratio. Saturday I usually eat around 1800-2000 calories as like my re-fuel day (healthy snacks of course)

How do I get the weight loss moving again!? I don`t have much further to go! I am more muscular now doing Focus T25, does that mean i need more calories than before? I don`t want to lose muscle tone.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Two weeks isn't really anything to worry about, especially with only four pounds to lose. Be patient and track everything diligently.
  • FemmeAndi
    FemmeAndi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    ok.. so should i stay at this calorie level? I`m finding it hard to stay this low.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    No reason to stay that low, especially if you are active - I would go back to the previous range - just make sure you weigh and measure and track accurately.....
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    If you're training hard, dieting, and have noticed sleep quality/length getting worse, I'd recommend taking magnesium..... It may not help the weight loss, but it'll help recovery and getting better sleep!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    You're already at a healthy weight, so losing those last few pounds is going to be slow, difficult, and require extra care about ensuring you're measuring calorie intakes VERY accurately.

One thing I noticed - you're already eating back exercise calories (which is good), but then you have a 'refeed' day where you eat above your calculated maintenance. That could be wiping out your entire deficit, especially if you're not terribly exact about the calories that day.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    FemmeAndi wrote: »
    Height: 5'7
    Start weight: 138 MFP 1450 calories
    Current weight: 133 (for the last 2 weeks) MFP adjusted calories to 1240 with my weightloss
    Goal weight: 129
    Exercise: T25 in BETA cycle now and going to start Gamma next week! Total weeks exercise complete = 9 weeks

I feel more hungry and more tired now and my weight loss slowed down and has remained the same for the last 2 weeks (maybe it`s to do with my last 2 weeks of crappy sleep, feels like I am too anxious to fall asleep now and i wake early.. like 5h30am now instead of the alarm waking me at 6h45am) MFP has adjusted me to 1240 net calories and I eat back my exercise calories (i usually burn about 200 by my HRM) Carb 40% fat 30% protien 30% I eat that ratio. Saturday I usually eat around 1800-2000 calories as like my re-fuel day (healthy snacks of course)

How do I get the weight loss moving again!? I don`t have much further to go! I am more muscular now doing Focus T25, does that mean i need more calories than before? I don`t want to lose muscle tone.

What you're describing can simply be normal weight fluctuation.

That said, do you weigh your food and log everything you eat?
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    MFP%20Flowchart%20lemonlionheart_zps3s3xqead.jpg
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    You might be burning more than you realize as well as HRM's and the such are not 100% accurate. I would go back to what you were previously at and see how you do with that and I would give it more than 2 weeks also. I am starting T25 next week myself and am looking forward to it, plan on watching it first this weekend so I can hopefully do the moves correctly when I actually start! Good luck!
  • FemmeAndi
    Options
    thank you all so much for the advice! I`m going to get at the magnesium (had read that somewhere too!)
    I use a scale to weigh my food yep! Ok great! I feel like i have a direction to work in now.. i`m going to add magnesium, go back to the 1450 cals and keep my saturday calories down to 1500 instead of the 1800-2000. Because right now... i`m just gettin too hungry near bed time
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Based on rough calculations, your maintenance would be around 1688 cals a day. If you want to lose those last few pounds, I'd recommend setting goal to a 0.5 pound a week loss.

Eat those calories, eat back exercise calories. If you want to refeed on the weekend, then allow more deficit during the week and use it on the weekends. (There's weekly reporting feature here which averages out your net deficit.)

I wouldn't go so low as 1240. I think that's overkill in your case, and potentially self defeating BECAUSE you feel so hungry that you'll be prone to going over.

Allow yourself more food.

And really... 4 pounds from goal weight, is pretty much goal weight. I say this because weight can fluctuate +/- 5 pounds based on food, salt intake, regularity, cycle.
  • belinda_73
    belinda_73 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've always had a hard time losing the last 5 lbs. Sleep could be messing you up. I also had to up my calories 100 during the week, cottage cheese before bed or protein shake, will help you not be starving before bed.
  • FemmeAndi
    Options
    Great! Thanks for all the helpful tips! :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Two weeks isn't very long. The last pounds are always harder and you need to be a little more conscientious. Be patient, it will come.