<===just checked macros, has plenty
    giphy.gif

The forums need MORE JCVD Gifs!!!!!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Here's a food trend I can get behind.
    ifvtop.jpg?1406132524

Fruits and vegetables historically rejected because they don't fit. But they're perfectly fine to eat.

http://www.itsnicethat.com/articles/inglorious-fruit

Save the planet, reduce waste, and be frugal about it!
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    jmule24 wrote: »
    OP - due to a medical condition it's very hard for me to eat raw veggies and fruits; therefore, I am forced to eat frozen or canned veggies and fruits. I'm cheap not poor. I choose to purchase generic branded foods. So, I don't eat Organic, I don't get "superior" nutrition, and I eat "cheap/processed" foods.

Based on your logic, why am I not obese?

I'm sure he'd just say you're skinny fat or something.

Sticks and stones man.........

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    It's a shame the OP just lobbed his elitist "clean organic food will save you poor ****s!" grenade and ran off. Everyone here is going to exhaust themselves debating and @Olivia will be sad again. :(

Both "clean" and "organic" seem to have become marketing terms for "pay more" and unhelpfully conflated with the idea of a balanced diet. It's decidedly counter productive as if you are struggling financially you will be less likely to adopt what you deem to be an expensive approach and therefore locks you into your existing approach.

Exactly, one reason I called the OP out as elitist. If "da poor" can't eat healthy unless they schlep all the way to a Whole Foods to get overpriced organic produce, it's obvious that's the only reason for obesity.

The converse message is even if they go to a market that they can afford and buy non-organic food, they'll still be obese (because da chemicals and hormones). It becomes a defeatist message, and completely counterproductive.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    This post is so full of bs
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Ask anyone who was alive during World War II. How many poor people were obese? Answer is none.

Ok then. If that's what you want to believe.
  • bpetrosky
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Here's a food trend I can get behind.
    ifvtop.jpg?1406132524

Fruits and vegetables historically rejected because they don't fit. But they're perfectly fine to eat.

http://www.itsnicethat.com/articles/inglorious-fruit

Save the planet, reduce waste, and be frugal about it!

I can get behind that. I also like what Doug Rauch (former president of Trader Joes) is trying with his Daily Table concept. It's a supermarket that is selling food that is closer to it's "sell by" date at a steep discount, mostly the stuff higher end markets would be tossing. I'm sure the OP would disapprove, because organic.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    OP drops bomb then leaves...nice drive by posting...full of BS...
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    flaminica wrote: »
    Stouffer's Meat Lover's Lasagna: 420 calories per serving. Sounds like a reasonable part of an average diet to me.
    http://www.stouffers.com/our-dishes/Meat-Lovers-Lasagna/11367

I'm work in grocery retail. Rich people buy just as much convenience food as the poor. The rich just skew toward different product lines.

Sodium per serving is a little high for my personal preference - next morning, I'd see the effect; also it says not a significant source of trans fats, but I don't see the trans fat percentage in the label, and I would like to know what it is. Personally, I'd pass on it.

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

I wish we can still look up post history like the old forums. I remember OP dropping similar dookie nuggets in the past.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
  • bpetrosky
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »

I wish we can still look up post history like the old forums. I remember OP dropping similar dookie nuggets in the past.

You can using the search feature. I did a quick scan for personal amusement. The Derp is strong in this one.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I seriously dislike how elite-ist the term "organic" is. People who tout it, seem to imply that I'm doing something wrong for not feeding myself/family non-organic, free-range, grass-fed, blah, blah. Somehow they are holier/healthier/happier/blah/blah... The stuff I see blasted all over Facebook about how much harm I'm doing to my kids makes me want to throw my computer out the window.

• shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Ask anyone who was alive during World War II. How many poor people were obese? Answer is none. Then why are the poorest people the most obese?

Answer is poor food quality. Today food is cheap. But why? Our food and water is laced with antibiotics, hormones, pesticides and other additives to enhance taste and prolong shelf life. If you saw the conditions in which your meat was produced, you would stop eating meat.

Want an easy weight loss tip? Do what I did. Change as much as you can to organic food. Yes it costs more but you will eat less. You will feel fuller faster and longer. I now save money on groceries because I eat less. I am not as hungry because my body isn't starving for nutrition. You owe it to yourself to try.

c90f8280-c4e3-0131-0a91-76c47c544ea5.gif?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAIV2GBF52KUKP672A&Expires=1728073233&Signature=NqzSvHJtSByBpzdpbkTim8VKnIw%3D

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »

You can using the search feature. I did a quick scan for personal amusement. The Derp is strong in this one.

tumblr_lp0wqpTpd71qgirsoo1_500.jpg
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    bmorss807 wrote: »
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    bmorss807 wrote: »
    That is a very interesting observation, and I agree with everything you have said. I have noticed that watching "old" movies...there are not many obese people, and I fully agree that the current situation in is due to stuff like this:

2013-04-27-20-07-28adj.jpg

Flourescent lights and shiny floors causes obesity?

Or is it the coolers and folding chairs on top of the displays?

Pls explain.

Is this better?

018.jpg

I eat Stouffer's dinners all the time, and I've lost 90 pounds. I don't eat the Lean Cuisine's either...I eat the regular Stouffers lasagna, spaghetti and meatballs, potato bake, etc. They're nice when I need something fast/convenient. About the only frozen dinners I like. It's not what you eat, it's how much.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    the poor being fat beats the HELL out of the poor starving...if that's your country's problem then ****, sign me up, I wanna live THERE...
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    the poor being fat beats the HELL out of the poor starving...if that's your country's problem then ****, sign me up, I wanna live THERE...

facepalm.....not sure if you're trolling too or what.....

Obesity is just at the other end of the spectrum....both have severe consequences to society as a whole......

• FrancineJM61
    FrancineJM61 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    while shopping the other day i was behind a women who's cart was full of junk food. She paid with EBT card. She could of used that card for fresh fruit and veggies. I took a close and a wholesaler was there he explained that the food that is organic is place in containers with pesticide to make the trip across the country. Those plastic containers are sprayed before the food is placed in it.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    while shopping the other day i was behind a women who's cart was full of junk food. She paid with EBT card. She could of used that card for fresh fruit and veggies. I took a close and a wholesaler was there he explained that the food that is organic is place in containers with pesticide to make the trip across the country. Those plastic containers are sprayed before the food is placed in it.

Eyes on your own cart, next time.
This discussion has been closed.