Options
2»

Replies

• NerdyNix
    NerdyNix Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Don't feel sad about it!
    Actually, calorie-wise fast breaststroke for an hour might actually burn close to 500kcal for us ladies, depending on weight and size. Crawl burns less, but I'm a breaststroke gal anyway.

I breaststroke too. I'm not majorly fast but not slow either. I've always been a strong swimmer.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    For me an hour swimming is around the 250-280 ( measured with an HRM)
    So i think that burn is much to high indeed.

But for your eating afterwards...i totally understand. I am soooo hungry after my swim. So what i do now is planning it everyday just before dinner lol

And when i go earlier than before a preplanned snack after the swim.

But i sure understand you. I was and am never hungry on my 1200 to 1300 calorie intake. I end up some days over 1400 just because i feel my body needs it. But not like wanting to eat a whole horse after my pool training lol.
    Its crazy, and i love swimming so much.
  • NerdyNix
    NerdyNix Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Ah we all do that now and again, it's annoying but you've learnt now!! Can you just have pie filling on some veggies and skip the pastry? That might help with the calories a bit :)

That would probably be the best plan....

But pastry is a weakness for me. I love it!!
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I always pack a banana and a protein shake in my gym bag... it sucks when you make the wrong choice and have a snickers...but you'll survive. Plan ahead next time!!! You'll get it next time... log it and move on...you've got this!
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    As with all cardio, the intensity is just as important the length of time when measuring calorie burn. A slow stroll for an hour isn't going to burn anywhere near the same as an hour of brisk walking. It's certainly possible to burn 755 calories in an hour by swimming but I'd imagine you'd have to be frogging at a pretty fast clip to do it.
  • faegirl22
    faegirl22 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    NerdyNix wrote: »
    yirara wrote: »
    Don't feel sad about it!
    Actually, calorie-wise fast breaststroke for an hour might actually burn close to 500kcal for us ladies, depending on weight and size. Crawl burns less, but I'm a breaststroke gal anyway.

I breaststroke too. I'm not majorly fast but not slow either. I've always been a strong swimmer.

Wonder how many more calories butterfly burns. I was the top fly swimmer way back when...now I'm lucky to do 100-200 fly lol