Start Believing and stop giving up

I strongly believe and know that menopause does not mean you get fat! I do know that eating is not entertainment. Society puts too much emphasis on food and I am so over it!

Does anyone agree?

Smiles, Lola

Replies

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited June 2015
    Dining is a great familial/social activity but overeating isn't a good thing.

Why is it called menopause and not womenopause? :) Just kidding around, don't come running with tar, feathers, and pitchforks!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member

Why is it called menopause and not womenopause? :) Just kidding around, don't come running with tar, feathers, and pitchforks!

DUH! its telling men to pause!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member

Ask the Greeks, mate. Meno = month
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Food is great tbh. I look at all the rubbish I used to eat and it still tasted good, except now id rather do the eat less and move more becayse I prefer not to have the weight and all that comes with it. Food is still great, be that Pizza, a burger, chocolate, bacon, ice cream....... Do the social thing just be a bit more in control of what you eat.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    It's not easy.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPXGm_wOHt6T94b87jyNCpFcAMhdt4wMD37-Vh_11VnZTjqul03g
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPXGm_wOHt6T94b87jyNCpFcAMhdt4wMD37-Vh_11VnZTjqul03g

LOL! :D

How funny!!!

• Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Yeah...I am SOOOO done with being fat. There is absolutely no way I am ever falling off this wagon again. In fact I am now driving this wagon. :) So watch out....ex-fat people coming through.

It does really bug me that everywhere we turn in our society they are always pushing food at us. Refilllable sodas, popcorn. All you can eat chinease food, ribs, etc. Supersize everything. I went to a fast food restaurant and got a salad and they asked me if I wanted cookies with that. When I said no he then asked me if I wanted a chocolate shake. Why on earth would I want cookies or a chocolate shake with my salad? By every checkout stand at the supermarket you have to stand there with your vegetables while waiting in line and stare at a wall of candy and magazines on how to make fabulous deserts.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    yes i have hormone issues - not fun or fair! and add that to mental health issues + meds. ugh!
    i am tired of giving-up, which i seem to do every other week. monday i am really giving it a strong go and i AM losing my 50 pounds!