Favorite protein drink and why??

Options
Looking for a new protein drink please. and new friends! starting back my new pants are tight :neutral:

Replies

• Rax1974
    Rax1974 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I like Gold Standard Whey. Almost all the flavors are really good.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Are you meeting your protein goals?
  • viclrstew
    viclrstew Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you want one you don't have to mix, Core Power shakes are great!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Milk.
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    cellucor peanut butter marshmallow. the taste and texture are really good
  • StereophoneyGaz
    StereophoneyGaz Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Here in the UK I use USN supplements but not sure if they are available anywhere else, taste amazing :)
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite is Quest's Vanilla Milkshake protein powder! I love it because not only does it contain a nice blend of proteins (isolate and casein), but it is relatively low in calories (100 per scoop), has xanthan gum which makes it blend thicker, it doesn't have a weird or bitter chemically after taste that some other protein powders have, it's sweet, and it's very versatile! For smoothies it tastes great when mixed with either water, almond milk, soy milk, or whatever you happen to have available! I also like to get creative and have fun with my blender by either adding a frozen banana (or just ice) and a tablespoon of flavored nut butter (I prefer Justin's vanilla maple almond butter, but cookie butter and others taste just as good)! If you get bored of smoothies (which, well, who could with all the options?) you can mix it with oatmeal to sweeten it without any added sugar (just protein) and you can always add the nut butter to this to make it taste even more extravagant - I've also tried Tollhouse's pumpkin spice morsels which melt instantaneously and blend well, too.
    Really, the stuff has changed my life. I love protein now!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I like Source Natural's Pea Protein Concentrate because it is non dairy and has a neutral flavor so I can add my own flavorings. Since I've been adding more protein to my diet, I stay satisfied for longer after a meal, have more energy so am exercising more, and have almost no food cravings.
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    PGX

They keep me full
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    39 g Pure Protein Vanilla cream
    1 c. milk
    2 cups brewed coffee

255 calories if you use skim milk
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    impact whey from myprotein.... added to full fat milk and about 16g of butterscotch angel delight

yum yum
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Chocolate VegaOne (blended with almond milk), but I HAVE to also blend with a banana otherwise the taste is weird, but the banana makes it taste great (magic?). I also need to blend it, shaking won't do squat.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    marchellaz wrote: »
    Looking for a new protein drink please. and new friends! starting back my new pants are tight :neutral:

Arbonne Vanilla Shake Mix with 1/4 c. of Lactaid and 1/2 c. of water plus ice - like it because it doesn't mess with my stomach/digestive system like other kinds have previously

• Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I like the Premier protein shakes from CostCo. The chocolate ones are real good and they are only 160 calories with 30 grams of protien.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey because:
    Extreme Milk Chocolate
    Solid ingredient profile (no protein spiking, just good solid protein)
    Extreme Milk Chocolate
    Affordable (cheap compared to some others)
    Extreme Milk Chocolate
    Tasty
    Extreme Milk Chocolate
    Dissolves well, very smooth
    Extreme Milk Chocolate

ETA: Extreme Milk Chocolate
  • lusciouslady413
    lusciouslady413 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bshmerlie wrote: »
    I like the Premier protein shakes from CostCo. The chocolate ones are real good and they are only 160 calories with 30 grams of protien.

I agree,I'm not much of a breakfast person so I drink these then water and I'm satisfy.It's a great choice!
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey because:
    Extreme Milk Chocolate
    Solid ingredient profile (no protein spiking, just good solid protein)
    Extreme Milk Chocolate
    Affordable (cheap compared to some others)
    Extreme Milk Chocolate
    Tasty
    Extreme Milk Chocolate
    Dissolves well, very smooth
    Extreme Milk Chocolate

ETA: Extreme Milk Chocolate

Agreed. I have double chocolate and vanilla ice cream flavors. Solid taste, mix very well and in my budget.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    Milk.

^^
  • Cocoa1020
    Cocoa1020 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Muscle milk. it keeps me full longer, causing me to eat less and help lose weight. also helping me recover faster from the gym so I need less rest days. plus its yummy and reduces my chocolate cravings :)
  • katieshaheen66
    katieshaheen66 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love the GNC pre bottled Total Lean Shakes in Vanilla or Chocolate. Definitely like them for the taste (don't taste like any other protein drink I have had) and they are convenient being as they are pre bottled - I don't have to make them so it saves me time. They're delicious, have 25g of protein, and easy to store in my desk drawers at work. I have one mid morning after my coffee, and they keep me full until about 1ish when I am ready for lunch!