MALWARE WARNING ON MFP!

Options
DaniStrange
DaniStrange Posts: 35 Member
So I went onto MFP yesterday and almost immediately my screen went red and I got a malware warning from google saying the site was trying to invade my computer.

Did anyone else get this??

It kind of looked like a scam because it said to call this 1-855 number to fix the issue and the pop ups wouldn't close till I clicked them multiple times.

I did a security sweep with my anti virus and it said that no malware was detected, but I'm just wondering if anyone else got that or if my site got re directed to a scam site.

Replies

• Carpedieznutz
    Carpedieznutz Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I get them pretty often actually. Same do virus and malware scans and nothing pops up. I am guessing it is a pop up add that tries to con you into clicking the option they give you. I always have to pull up task manager and force close the darn page.
  • DaniStrange
    DaniStrange Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I get them pretty often actually. Same do virus and malware scans and nothing pops up. I am guessing it is a pop up add that tries to con you into clicking the option they give you. I always have to pull up task manager and force close the darn page.

Thank you. I was freaking out for a minute when it popped up but I have a really good anti virus program so if it had been infected I would have known by now. Thanks for replying!
  • sportjunky578
    sportjunky578 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    good to know cause i just had that happen to me plus my computer was talking to me lol. good thing is nothing that's really bad
  • buffer221
    buffer221 Posts: 4,751 Member
    Options
    they are just cons, your virus system will do all you need
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I've gotten it a couple times too (I actually have to shut off my computer to make it go away). I've checked my virus protection after I get it and it's never come up that there was anything infecting my system. Hopefully MFP can do something about it to stop it
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    Options
    I only get this when I use MFP in Chrome. On Firefox, I have no issues.
  • suzreen
    suzreen Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    I get a thing like that when I use MFP on my android phone. I would hope if this is connected to MFP that they would get rid of it!
  • taterfit
    taterfit Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have reported this to mfp and have been told they are working to get it fixed. Mine came in the form of a blue webpage that told me to call "Microsoft" so they could fix my computer.