NSV! Lunch time break down

Options
skeo
skeo Posts: 471 Member
I don't usually post in this forum (haven't had much success lately)

But while out for lunch break, after finishing my errands that I needed to do, I mentally decided that I was going to go to Panda Express and get a to go of brown rice, steamed veggies, grilled chicken teriyaki and then take it back to my car and measure out my macros.

Then I drove by and saw a line out the door, and was a bit frustrated and was tempted to stop in at a fast food burger place, but no, I had my mind on tracking. (I even brought an empty container from my desk so I could use it as the eating vessel)

I waited in line, fought the temptation to get orange chicken, brought it back to my car, weighed it out, and got 510 calories of food, WITH food left over for later as dinner.

I'm just proud of myself for being committed and sticking with it. One small step daily :blush:

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Good for you! The bigger point is that once you get through something like that successfully and on-plan just as you had previously decided, it gets easier any time you are met with a challenge or something that throws you off. Great job!
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Just the act of following through with a personal commitment is huge.
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to stick to it! :)
  • skeo
    Options
    thanks so much! <3 I agree, the biggest battle is mental. "Ah, it would be easier to just eat this" "weighing and tracking is a pain!"...but to be committed to finally succeeding is the goal, and I will reach it!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • jpburcham
    jpburcham Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Awesome It's important to celebrate these things !!!
  • skeo
    Options
    thanks everyone! I didn't think it was something worth sharing, but every day, need to set little challenges up for ourselves.
  • jnoegrah
    jnoegrah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Orange chicken is so good! Kudos for staying away from it.
  • skeo
    Options
    It is good, and I would typically get a double serving.. :| so that's a no no for me. lol
  • KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    awesome congrats! Small steps will take you a very long way.

FYI- Panda Express has a meal calculator on their website (so do a lot of other fast food places). So you can add exactly what you're ordering and it will give you the total calorie and macro/micro break down. Then you can just portion out your meal that way too :)
  • skeo
    Options
    KingsGirl4 wrote: »
    awesome congrats! Small steps will take you a very long way.

FYI- Panda Express has a meal calculator on their website (so do a lot of other fast food places). So you can add exactly what you're ordering and it will give you the total calorie and macro/micro break down. Then you can just portion out your meal that way too :)

Definitely! I just needed the weight/portion size so I could look it up on the app. With each person just eye balling what is being served, the accuracy of the portion is off, so I didn't wanna under estimate. I tend to check out the nutritional menu before lunch, to either tell myself "Ok, this isn't too bad"...or "Yeah, you don't wanna use up all cals on this one meal.." lol

and thank you!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!