It's a sad day.

Options
I have a 6-pack of Coke in my fridge, which I purchased for a friend whom I thought was coming over. Ended up having to cancel those plans, so they were just sitting. Waiting. Wondering when someone would drink them. Decided to drink one today, since I don't drink soda very often.

Couldn't even get through half of it because it tasted so "meh" to me. Why, Coca Cola. Why? I don't mind your sugar content, nor your nutritional label. What happened that made us drift apart?

tumblr_ll2q53UvcU1qefjiy.gif

Replies

• jpburcham
    jpburcham Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Too Funny !!!!
  • discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    God I wish I had this issue! I've gone from a daily soda drinker to maybe once a week and I feel like it tastes better every time.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    God I wish I had this issue! I've gone from a daily soda drinker to maybe once a week and I feel like it tastes better every time.

Crying-Gif-2.gif?resize=500%2C270

I wish that was the case for me. Today was a huge disappointment!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Regular soda and McDonald's fries have just been a disappointment every time. :disappointed:

At least ice cream will never betray me like that.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    Regular soda and McDonald's fries have just been a disappointment every time. :disappointed:

I think ice cream is the happy medium that will never disappoint anyone. Unless they have a severe lactose intolerance.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. Now if i drink one, i can only drink half the can and then im done with it
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options

• missiontofitness
    edited June 2015
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me. Now if i drink one, i can only drink half the can and then im done with it

I feel like if I decide to buy soda for myself in the future (anything but ginger ale. Love that stuff, thankfully!), I'll have to get those tiny six pack cans. They carry those in some stores now!
  • lesliezimmer
    lesliezimmer Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I agree. I can only drink those carbonated waters with "natural flavors" because anything else is way too sweet!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    This happened to me with Arby's curly fries. I freaking LOVE them. Or should I say I loved them. Last time they seemed so greasy and blah that I can't say I'd bother getting them again. I still love me a roast beef and cheddar with copious amounts of Arby's Sauce though.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    This happened to me with Arby's curly fries. I freaking LOVE them. Or should I say I loved them. Last time they seemed so greasy and blah that I can't say I'd bother getting them again. I still love me a roast beef and cheddar with copious amounts of Arby's Sauce though.

I don't have an Arby's close to me, so I know not of this delicious magic you speak of! Roast beef and cheddar does sound amazing, though...
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    It's a proven fact that coca cola tastes the best straight out of an ice cold can with a couple street tacos. Maybe that's what is missing?
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    Vune wrote: »
    It's a proven fact that coca cola tastes the best straight out of an ice cold can with a couple street tacos. Maybe that's what is missing?

That was my problem. We don't have any food trucks here, and I was drinking it out of a plastic bottle. I'm doing it all wrong!
  • Vune
    Options

That was my problem. We don't have any food trucks here, and I was drinking it out of a plastic bottle. I'm doing it all wrong!

Well, I'm glad I could help solve the mystery! A hot dog at a county fair would probably also suffice.
  • missiontofitness
    Options

Well, I'm glad I could help solve the mystery! A hot dog at a county fair would probably also suffice.

Would a Fenway Frank also count? Not a county fair hotdog, but still delicious. Though I tend to have beer with mine.
  • Vune
    Options

Would a Fenway Frank also count? Not a county fair hotdog, but still delicious. Though I tend to have beer with mine.

You're a neighbor! I think any Boston sports food would suffice!
  • leutloff1988
    leutloff1988 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    And if they are lactose intolerant everyone is disappointed

I think ice cream is the happy medium that will never disappoint anyone. Unless they have a severe lactose intolerance.

• leutloff1988
    leutloff1988 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If they are lactose intolerant, everyone is disappointed!
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Same here, lol!
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how you feel.

Coke is never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down.
    2mmx2f0d5tp4.jpg