My second day!

Options
Michelle_J
Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
My brother showed me this website Sunday and I started using it yesterday. I LOVE IT! I'm almost 41 and my weight is something I think about every day. It's never not on my mind and I want to lose the weight, get healthy and keep the weight off so I can enjoy my life instead of having this constantly taking over my thoughts. I don't enjoy the things we do as a family bc I'm uncomfortable bc of my weight, out of breath bc of my weight, feeling disgusted bc of my weight. I'm determined. I will do it. I wanted to do it last year before I turned 40 but had a set back when I broke my leg and had surgery and laid up for 4 months. I have a 12 year old and 5 year old, both boys and I want to do things with them. I'm self conscious everywhere I go and I'm ready to walk in a room and not worry about someone being thinner than me. I'm ready to be healthy and happy. I would like to lose 50 lbs but 40 is a more realistic goal. I will do it. I WILL BE THIN BY THE END OF 2010. I love the support of this website and community.

Replies

• crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    Welcome! You will love this site. You will get the best motivation and advice! Good luck with your journey!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck!
  • shell1205
    shell1205 Posts: 138
    Options
    Welcome!! I joined about a week ago, and LOVE IT!!! It's a great way to keep track of everything, and now I'm constantly thinking about the quality and quantity of the food I'm eating. I'm also sitting here at work looking forward to going home so I can exercise!! I NEVER thought that would happen!!

I just turned 40 in December, and decided it was time for me to get healthy... I suffered a setback about a year ago, too... I broke both my wrists and had to have surgery on the one to put it back together, so I feel your pain (literally!! LOL)

Again, welcome, and best of luck to you!! We can do this!!
  • hammersue1
    hammersue1 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hello I also joined just a week ago and already 4lbs less. I am 53 and have many health issues. It is so important I keep on this now and love it here. There are so many nice people and success stories that make me wanna stay at it. so lets all keep it up and who knows we should be happy with ourselves soon.
  • ritodcin03
    ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a newbie too. Visit this site often and you will be so motivated you will definitely meet your weightloss goals!
  • mbk1970
    mbk1970 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I sure can relate! My second day and I am ready to go too. I am ready to have anything else consume my thoughts and I think this is the best thing.
    Good job- This is NOT an easy task. You will be a wonderful example for your boys. That is the main reason I am doing this too- Keep up the good work
    MB