Burpees!!!

Options
Do they ever get any easier?! That is my question...plain and simple...I hate that exercise with a passion.

Replies

• carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Easier... no. I think I've gotten better at them. I still hate them with a burning passion.
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    What I want to know is where did they come up with the name?!?!
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    13407166_1267.jpg
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    the secret to burpees is when you are coming up, jump your feet into squat position up by your hands, then stand up,
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Maybe they came up with they name bc you expel some gas after all that gyration....fartees sounded less attractive haha.
  • Johanne1957
    Johanne1957 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yeah, no...I don't think they get easier either...I used to refuse to do them but I've mellowed...lol...

Hate doing them but 'apparently', as per the trainer, they are an excellent exercise...it doesn't make me like doing them but I have stopped fighting...for now!!!
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    YES! When I first started I could barely do 2 or 3. But now I can do 50 in a row!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    STEP 1.
    burpee.gif

STEP 2.
    tumblr_lsi40r4Fz21qgiie0.gif
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Do they ever get any easier?! That is my question...plain and simple...I hate that exercise with a passion.

In terms of if you will ever like it, probably a no. But if it's a challenge to do the burpee now then yes it will get to the point that you can easily do one.

There are tons of variations too that can make it funner to do depending on what you like and can add some difficulty to make burpees even more effective :)

I personally like the push-up burpee, it's a good challenge!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    No, not really...because if you're doing it right and 10 becomes easy then you need to do 20...then 30...then 40 and so on. Burpees should never be easy...hell, no exercise should be easy.
  • 1HappyTurtleRunner
    1HappyTurtleRunner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Don't know, I think they have gotten easier but I cringe everytime I here the next exercise is going to be the BURPEE! Might be a mental thing now.
  • choirgirl1130
    choirgirl1130 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    not a good exercise to eat beforehand and then do...hence the name :/ do they get easier? yeah...do you learn to like them? probably not. as a fitness professional, i don't like doing them BUT they are a GREAT all-over exercise!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I do 10 sets of 10 reps with about a minute rest between. They suck
  • jollyrj2
    jollyrj2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    They are just awful.. I can't imagine any variation that I could possibly enjoy. Especially after having a baby.. they make me want to pee. Ugh!
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    As a Spartan, I do not like nor will I ever do Burpees.
  • dedicationandcommitment
    Options
    Burpees are no fun....but very good for you but still no fun and they burn !!!!
  • shannonahenderson
    Options
    Maybe they came up with they name bc you expel some gas after all that gyration....fartees sounded less attractive haha.

hahahahahahahahahaahahaha! your response made my day!
  • frankara
    frankara Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It does a little bit. I'm able to do more. I hate doing them but it has increase my endurance. Great total body workout. So, I wil continue doing them
  • blowsfire
    blowsfire Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    i am doing 50 burpees a day for 50 days with my group on facebook with the same name. they are on day 20 something i am still trying to talk myself into day 10-lol-burpees are my curse. but i go to the gym every other day so i am proud to say i lost 5 pounds! babysteps is my motto :)
  • shannonahenderson
    Options

And to add one more question...what do they actually improve upon...learning how to hold your lunch instead of "burping" it up is the 1st thing that comes to mind...strength training for your esophagus?