Do you think you look like your actual age?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    People are always surprised when I tell them my age or that I have a son that's 18. So I guess not....
  • cdlee10
    cdlee10 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    People are always surprised when I tell them my age or that I have a son that's 18. So I guess not....

wow - count me as one of them. you look great.

33 here and feel spot on
  • SugarBabyGirl
    SugarBabyGirl Posts: 7,026 Member
    Options
    nope. People are always surprised.
  • TheCounselorx
    TheCounselorx Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    nope. People are always surprised.

she's actually 74..!

me... young face.. old fat body!
  • AlphaLung
    AlphaLung Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I hope not
  • countrybeau01
    countrybeau01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 31, and most ppl do not believe it. In Oct. I'll be 32 :-( iriwk1omhf4s.jpg
  • trumpet38
    trumpet38 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Next 5 answers on a postcard....you tel me! Ps The answer is not connected to my name...
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    I don't think so! 51 around the corner! :smile:
  • allyouwannado
    allyouwannado Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Almost always younger...doesn't help that I'm 27 and still in college!
  • yellowantphil
    yellowantphil Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    People used to guess my age four or five years young. Nobody has guessed my age in several years though, and in that time, I’ve gained a few gray beard hairs. So I don’t know anymore. I would probably look much younger than I am if I didn’t have a beard.
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,763 Member
    Options
    People usually guess younger.
  • PewterSky
    PewterSky Posts: 9,224 Member
    Options
    I think people tend to do that out of politeness, knock a few years off their original guess for some reason.

I think I look my age most times, but I know I certainly don't act it and I have a bit of a child-like voice so I usually get anywhere from 17-23 and I get told that I have a baby face all the time.

I am actually 27, turning 28 this year.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    People who see me sans kids usually ask me if I'm "still in college." With kids, they think my toddler is "normal" but think I must have had kids early with my 5-y-o. When I tell them my oldest is 12, they aren't even shocked. Just confused. They think I made a mistake somewhere. Noooooo, I was 23 when he was born, and YES, he's "mine."
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I definitely look younger, especially my body. Most people think I'm in my thirties. Probably as I continue to get older, there will be more disparity between my appearance and that of my peers. A lot of people my age have already begun to let themselves go (so to speak) and it's harder to bounce back to a more youthful and fit appearance the longer you wait to get healthy. It's never too late to get fit, but it becomes more of a challenge (IMO) the older you get.

Some advice for the young people out there: get yourself where you want to be and then maintain it NOW, while you're still young. Many of the people I see my age and older end up looking saggy, haggard and old when they drop weight. Stuff just doesn't "bounce back" like it does when you're young. If you age at your goal weight, that doesn't seem to happen as much. But don't worry too much about looks. It's more important to FEEL good and be healthy.

To me, it's more important to look and FEEL healthy and fit than it is to look young anyway. I've never really had a problem with getting older, as long as I can stay happy, healthy and active! I'd rather look my age, but look awesome for that age, than look younger and just be kinda blah. :)
  • Misshodge64
    Misshodge64 Posts: 8,588 Member
    Options
    I think i look young from what people say. This guy thought i was 18 , than on here someone said i was too young on the bring it Profile. Than when i go to the store, a lady call me sweetheart. GIRL DIDN'T KNOW I WAS OLDER THAN HER
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,771 Member
    Options
    yeah, no... even fully bearded up i still dont look old
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    Sunscreen kiddos, and lots of it!!! :smiley:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Notice the theme here? Everyone's told they look younger. Hmmmm....

My guess would be that only people that have that experience want to reply. It's like that with forum posts on the internet. The title attracts confirmation replies.

• breezyfitness
    breezyfitness Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm 20, but look younger.
  • pianoplaya94
    pianoplaya94 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 but people are usually shocked when I say this. People tend to think I'm around 17-18.

However, when I was in high school and I weighed about 25-30 pounds more than I do now people thought I was older than I actually was. hmm