Feeling miserable when you are eating stuff you are not supposed to be eating...

Options
13»

Replies

• MsBonfire
    MsBonfire Posts: 12 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi, I'm 57kg and looking to loose 7kg. I like you want to loose weight overnight but it doesn't work that way. I've also wasted too much time looking for various diets that I think will help me lose weight quickly but the reality is these are not realistic in the long run. I've decided to follow calorie counting, hence me being here and it's so simple! I've reset my calories to 1400 per day and I know at the weekend I may have a few extra. I have included a glass of wine and a sweet treat everyday. I'm not eating exercise calories back. I workout around 6 hours a week which involves Bodypump, Metafit, Insanity and the gym.
    I didn't have a good first week on here but looking over my diary made me realise that I never even bothered trying. Now my mind is set and I'm trying to organise my menus in advance.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    It will take me nine weeks to lose 5 kilos while I am eating 1200kcals? That is a looong time! :(

Look at it this way, you are a lot closer to your goal than a lot of people. Imagine looking at a multi-year slog to lose weight. You're ahead of the game.

Also, good news, you're normal BMI, which means you are in a position of doing this out of choice, not necessity. You might do this, realize you like what you see after 2.5 kg, and pick that time to work on maintenance.

Exactly. I've still got about 9/10kg to lose to get to pre-pregnancy weight and it'll take me a while because I'm not aiming to lose 2lbs a week, I'm aiming to lose it slowly while eating in a way I can sustain (which is what I did after my 2nd baby and it worked). I'm still classed as overweight, but I don't think I look too bad, so I don't feel I have to rush weight loss.

You're at a healthy BMI so there really is no rush for you. Losing weight doesn't have to be an unenjoyable process. If I stuck at 1200 calories per day I'd be miserable.

Yes you can have a beer or whatever you like, just stay within calories. I've lost weight enjoying cake (can't beat some homemade cake) and chocolate. I don't eat it all the time, but I allow myself treats here and there, and it hasn't affected my loss at all. I am very active though and do a lot of exercise.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Another way of looking at it is dress sizes/inches per month. :D Even though your weight loss slows, your inches lost and clothing size changes will be much faster.

I've always concentrated on inches, so even when I'm dropping weight fast, I'm more frustrated than when I was dropping it slower because the visual changes are smaller!
  • PatriciaGentileschi
    PatriciaGentileschi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Another way of looking at it is dress sizes/inches per month. :D Even though your weight loss slows, your inches lost and clothing size changes will be much faster.

I've always concentrated on inches, so even when I'm dropping weight fast, I'm more frustrated than when I was dropping it slower because the visual changes are smaller!

I will keep that in mind! I need a meter though! What size are you on now?
  • PatriciaGentileschi
    Options
    MsBonfire wrote: »
    Hi, I'm 57kg and looking to loose 7kg. I like you want to loose weight overnight but it doesn't work that way. I've also wasted too much time looking for various diets that I think will help me lose weight quickly but the reality is these are not realistic in the long run. I've decided to follow calorie counting, hence me being here and it's so simple! I've reset my calories to 1400 per day and I know at the weekend I may have a few extra. I have included a glass of wine and a sweet treat everyday. I'm not eating exercise calories back. I workout around 6 hours a week which involves Bodypump, Metafit, Insanity and the gym.
    I didn't have a good first week on here but looking over my diary made me realise that I never even bothered trying. Now my mind is set and I'm trying to organise my menus in advance.

Thank you so much for your advise....it's key to organise your meals in advance I know...Weekends is more cos sometimes you go out...I want to join a gym but in the UK is a rip off!
  • PatriciaGentileschi
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Almost all of us here totally GET the feeling of wanting to lose weight quickly.

But the message people are trying to convey is that if you lose the weight by gritting your teeth through the next however many weeks and trying to force various diets into your life that make you miserable because they forbid foods you like, you will probably not sustain your weight loss over time. Because it's just too much of a pain.

Life, good health, and food should be enjoyed. Set your weight-loss goals to a reasonable pace with the tools available to you here. Let MFP count calories for you - all you have to do is log.

You can do it, and you can do it in a way that guarantees your success will stay with you. You've gotten a lot of good advice and support in this thread. Give it all another look, stop kicking yourself, and do this thing ;)

And with that I am off to go enjoy a serving of Talenti Caramel Apple Pie gelato because thanks to logging here on MFP, I know I can fit it in today!

Thank you for your positive message and enjoy that apple pie! Mmmm!!! :wink:
  • PatriciaGentileschi
    Options
    2essie wrote: »
    It looks to me as though you do not have to much to lose so JUST DO IT. I know exactly where you are coming from. You have not much to lose so you get complacent. Look back to a time when you were losing weight. Look at what exercise you were doing and start from there.

Don't do different diets. It is not a diet you need, it is a lifestyle change. Just eat less than you burn and you will lose weight. I have done all the diets. None of them work. Then I found MFP. It is the only one that worked for me. Put your info into it and trust it. No special diet needed. Just eat and exercise. That is all that is needed.

Edited to add. Unless there is a medical reason to quit sugar, why are you doing that? It is probably why you are eating more sugar than you should in your third week. If I cut out anything, I would be craving it. Eat things in moderation (including sugar). I allow myself a small chocolate bar on Saturday night and Sunday night. If I think I may go over my calories at weekend, I go to maintenance for those two nights. That way I don't go overboard for weekend and I can start again on Monday morning after not putting anything on over weekend. It slows things down a little, but I have lost 49 lbs by doing this. Give it a try, It works. Good luck to you whatever you decide to do.

• PatriciaGentileschi
    Options
    2essie wrote: »
    It looks to me as though you do not have to much to lose so JUST DO IT. I know exactly where you are coming from. You have not much to lose so you get complacent. Look back to a time when you were losing weight. Look at what exercise you were doing and start from there.

Don't do different diets. It is not a diet you need, it is a lifestyle change. Just eat less than you burn and you will lose weight. I have done all the diets. None of them work. Then I found MFP. It is the only one that worked for me. Put your info into it and trust it. No special diet needed. Just eat and exercise. That is all that is needed.

Edited to add. Unless there is a medical reason to quit sugar, why are you doing that? It is probably why you are eating more sugar than you should in your third week. If I cut out anything, I would be craving it. Eat things in moderation (including sugar). I allow myself a small chocolate bar on Saturday night and Sunday night. If I think I may go over my calories at weekend, I go to maintenance for those two nights. That way I don't go overboard for weekend and I can start again on Monday morning after not putting anything on over weekend. It slows things down a little, but I have lost 49 lbs by doing this. Give it a try, It works. Good luck to you whatever you decide to do.

Thank you that is a good way of looking at it ..btw how many calories is your maintenance???I think weekends or when you have friends around is the most difficult one for me....or when I am at a friends party...but I have electronic foosd scale(Very smart) that I could take with me to control better what I am eating I guess ..