Gut bigger but lost weight

Options
mikegl1
mikegl1 Posts: 238 Member
Caveat: I know what I should have done but I didn't = measure before (but I will measure today).

On to the thought.... I think my gut has gotten bigger, while I think I have gained a little bit of muscle and lost weight....

Has anyone experienced the same thing? i.e. look in the mirror and think their gut has gotten bigger while the scale says they lost weight?

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Could be a relative thing tricking your eyes. As in, you lost more weight from other areas first thus making the gut look bigger when in fact it's the same or smaller. My tummy is definitely slower to go than say my back and hips currently, so for a while my tummy looked no smaller and the measuring tape was even only showing small changes so relatively it looked a bit bigger.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Could be a relative thing tricking your eyes. As in, you lost more weight from other areas first thus making the gut look bigger when in fact it's the same or smaller. My tummy is definitely slower to go than say my back and hips currently, so for a while my tummy looked no smaller and the measuring tape was even only showing small changes so relatively it looked a bit bigger.

^this
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I lose weight on my back and other areas first. My gut looks bigger than when I was 10lbs heavier. Just gotta lose it, too.