Help!

Options
When it comes to exercise it's hard for me to find something that I continually look forward to doing. My issue is I get bored/distracted and need advice on ways to keep exercise new and exciting! If you have any advice I'd love to hear it!

Replies

• Agathokakological
    Agathokakological Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Try doing different types of exercise. If you're working out at home try YouTube for some workouts.
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I would say do group exercise classes, such as; zumba, spin, step, circuit, body pump etc... Try a variety and I'm sure you'll find some that you'll enjoy. I find that once your in the studio the trainer just pushes you through to the end and unlike checking your wrist watch counting down minutes, time just flies by. Also, other activities such as gardening burns a lot of calories too.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    group exercises are nice because you can make buddies who will hold you accountable.

I tried fun things and things I wish I could do. now I do aerial yoga. someone else near me is learning how to hoop. hiking and biking is fun and you get nice scenery.

I would try going to a gym maybe if they have a lot of classes to try. then you can see what you like
  • Eddygogo
    Eddygogo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    work on something that you can progress with. its always boring to do an exercise with no set goals. (something like run 100m in 10 seconds one day and make it 9 seconds the next week or so.) Important thing is finding something you like and that you can actively see progress no matter how minute.
  • discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I love group fitness and zumba. Without that I would never do cardio. I just get too bored and self defeating otherwise. In a group class I'm like. "If they can do it so can I!" Very motivating
  • MorganSpurrier
    MorganSpurrier Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the great ideas! I'll have to test out all of these!
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Join a water aerobics class at a gym, or community pool somewhere. It is a great place to meat friends and get in
    a great cardio workout. If possible, follow up with a little circuit training, a walk in the park on a great day, even mowing your lawn is a workout. Good luck (-:
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    If you don't belong to a gym check Groupon, there are always good coupons for boot camps, zumba, yoga, and other type classes.
  • worstcaster
    worstcaster Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Outdoor sports can take you to interesting places and gives you lots of options so you can change things up. Hunting, fishing, hiking, geocaching, golf, skiing, snowshoeing, biking, kayaking.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Music! Lots and lots of playlists as the backdrop to my workouts! :smiley: