Hello! New here and feeling very awkward about it.

Options
I am naturally self conscious and socially awkward, often misunderstood, and, apparently, always look snarky and mischievious or like you just killed my dog when I try to take a photo where I feel, and, look, happy. So, that all makes me nervous about being in any community at all, ever.

Currently, after years of research and some trial and error, and a little success, I am in the midst of creating my own plan, because, I never found one that worked for me that someone else created. I am also writing a book about that, and a bit of my life story, in case it might help someone else in a similar situation.

The reason I am here, today, is that I was reading about a 30 Day Squat Challenge. There was mention of the challenge on here. I followed the link, which seems to have disapppeared in the meantime, and, ended up on a page where some ladies were talking about it and asking a question that I could actually answer. So, I logged on to do so, and, have not been able to find the page again.

Not ready to be a full time poster here, as I am still synthesizng my own plan. Aside from which, i do have health issues, life issues .. and, I spend a great deal of time being tired, ditzy, and/or busy. I'm working on it, though.

Replies

• JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I agree with having to find your own plan. I'm the same way. Nothing has ever worked for me, until MFP. Tracking my calories has been amazing and has seemed to work so far. I think 'fad diets' are a waste of time and money (my opinion) just be yourself, that's what MFP is for. Be as snarky and as awkward as you want, because in the end we are all here for the same goal, to have a healthier lifestyle.