25lbs and 4 inches down in just 6 weeks!

Options
TNoire
TNoire Posts: 642 Member
My journey started once I graduated high school in January 2000 & quit smoking within 2 years I gained almost 200lbs, swapping smoking with junk food and fast food and being lazy. March 2009 my doctors told me my body wasn't in good shape being so over weight I needed to lose some weight, so off I went on my real journey, in 19months I was able to drop off 156lbs, I went from 330lbs to 176lbs in those 19 months, near the last few months I jumped on the adipex wagon cause I hit a plateau, was the worst mistake of my life cause im still fighting side effects of it 5 yrs later with my blood pressure and I gained over 100lbs back, but im back on track now and that's what matters.

This is a link to a write up I did years ago on here about plateau's -
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/387166/questions-about-weight-loss-plateaus-why-do-they-happen-w/p1

I am a huge biggest loser fan, its helped me get the weight off the first time, here we go again!! Also have ZUMBA for my wii & wii fit, love those too I just have to be super careful due to a partial tear in my rotorcuff, ugh!! Even the Just Dance games, but again I have to watch myself on my jumping and swinging around lol =)

How many of you got close to your goal then fell off the train, gained and started from scratch? Any words of advice? Thanks!

Ps... like the title said since my 6 weeks of being back on the weight loss train i was able to lose 25lbs and 4 inches, i got this!

pps.. I also did a write up on quitting smoking years ago on here if your interested :)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/367645/for-all-you-smokers-that-want-to-quit-for-good-read-this#latest

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of people fail just short of goal for a couple of reasons from my experience. One is the fear and stress of success. Once some people reach a goal and get accolades from it, the stress from maintaining gets to some. All of that attention may force them to NOT WANT to succeed. Even every winner of the Biggest Loser has gained back a significant amount of weight including the first female winner Ali Vincent who went from 112lbs up to 168lbs in 5 years. So the position of actually succeeding may be a factor as to why some may sabotage just short of meeting their goal and maintaining it.
    The other is lack of patience on those last few pounds and then resorting to a "faster" way by either extremely cutting calories than they are used to, or abstaining from foods they were eating while losing weight initially. Eventually when the weight loss isn't going any better, frustration sets in and the "why even bother" mindset may set in and consumption of those foods they missed resumes albeit not in moderation. Of course a good amount of weight regain happens and the motivation to continue to lose weight stops.
    It's not an uncommon behavior though. Weight loss (especially when one has a lot to lose) is quite challenging when there's so much good tasting high calorie food around you. But it is doable.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!