Weekends

Options
Weekends are always tough not to cheat! I have been going to the local farmers market to check out fresh food and it has been great! Remember if there were to many cheat meals don't beat yourself up! Look forward to a new week and celebrate each small goal achieved. Anyone have any suggestion how to avoid cheats on weekends?

Replies

• nishatay
    nishatay Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I try not to keep too much junk in the house. If I know it's in the house then I'll find a reason to get it. I also try to stay busy so I don't think about food too much.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I really don't find weekends any harder than week days. I am just as mindful about my food choices no matter what day it is or what is happening in my day. Building this habit is important. You can't go about with the mindset of having a day off when it comes to this. If you want to eat above your goals for a day make sure you plan for it during the week or increase your activity in order to earn the extra calories.

I keep plenty of snack foods around the house to pick from and they are all a part of my every day eating plan so I never really have a need to overeat on them.

Honestly I am finding the whole thing much easier than I had anticipated.
  • maximumcutie
    maximumcutie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I find weekends the hardest because I tend to stay at home relaxing. That means that I don't do much though and am often bored, and when I'm bored I eat. So I've been working on doing more on the weekends (even if it's just going out for a walk on local trails) so that I'm less likely to eat more frequently.