Hello...First Day to Begin...

Options
txpkb
txpkb Posts: 2 Member
I am a mother of four who has struggled with weight my entire life. I have always felt like I was one of those people who could look at food and gain weight! I lost about 150 lbs almost 3 years ago and was thrilled. I never in my life thought I could actually lose my weight but I really did it and felt so good. I could shop for clothes off the rack and my husband could even buy clothes for me without me being there to try them on. Because of being so heavy for so long, I have quite a bit of excess skin on my arms and legs that will never go away naturally, but I was really feeling great about myself and life. I had put a little back on, but was not too worried about things since I kept it below a 15 lb gain. However, things really went south after finding out I was pregnant last summer and having a miscarriage in June 2009. Mentally, I have never really gotten back to the point I must be at to be successful. I know this now because it was my mental strength more than anything that I realized helped me to be successful the first time to lose all my weight. So now I am trying to again with this site to see if I can get back on track. I like the fact that I can keep up with food and exercise and everything is calculated for me instead of a paper journal. I love food, am not a picky eater, and eat through all emotions. Therefore, I know that my MENTAL GAME is where it has to be. As long as I can keep that in check, then I will begin to make progress. So to all my fellow fitness pals out there...good luck. Hopefully we will all be successful and get over hurdles and plateaus together.:smile:

Replies

• Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are going to love this site. There is sooooo much support. We're all here for the same reason so you'll definitely stay motivated and inspired. We can do it!
    So sorry about your miscarriage. :flowerforyou:
  • zazaz
    zazaz Posts: 36
    Options
    Welcome here :)
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck

Sounds like you have been through a lot.

I'm sure you will do very well here, it makes so many things about dieting easy.
    I love this place.

:flowerforyou: