Speed up weight loss

Options
I need to speed up my weight loss. I need to look good this summer! I have the Gold's Gym Waist Trimmer... I sweat a lot while wearing it while I work out. Does anyone has any comments on these? Any tips to speed up weight loss?

Replies

• Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    not sure what waist trimmer is, but sounds like water weight.

the answer is simple: Good old fashioned diet and exercise. that's it. that's your miracle answer.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I need to speed up my weight loss. I need to look good this summer! I have the Gold's Gym Waist Trimmer... I sweat a lot while wearing it while I work out. Does anyone has any comments on these? Any tips to speed up weight loss?

Fat burners!
  • eevincheezburger
    eevincheezburger Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Add high intensity interval training to your routine... Lift heavy weights... Eat high protein.

You can try carb cycling too but I hear that is a last resort.
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options

Fat burners!

Got any suggestions? I'm taking Cellucor CLK...
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Liposuction.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Fat burners!

Meh to that ^, it would depend on your risk tolerance on what you chose to use, as everything has potential sides, some more severe than others
  • ashleybreanna13
    Options

Yeah, start 6 months ago.

Thanks for the OBVIOUS advice, dear! Would have loved to!

Okay, so.......? There's no miracle super fast speedy weight loss answer that you're looking for. Sorry. :huh:

Now if you want advice on how to properly lose weight in a healthy, sustainable, and attainable manner, sure. Maintain a caloric deficit and incorporate exercise. A combo of cardio and weight training is my advice. That's pretty much it.

thank you, I will have to get into weight training.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options

Fat burners!

His post was in sarcasm font....
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    If the waist trimmer is something that you wrap around yourself when you workout, you're just losing water weight and it will come back. If you have a vacation, wedding, party, or event of some sort, I could see it being something that will help you LOOK thinner temporarily. It won't aid in actual fat loss, though.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for literally the loss of pounds then you could eat at a deficit that doesn't sit below 1200 net cals and over time yes you will lose it and depending on if you are working out while maintaining that net you will lose faster. Make sure to hydrate lots and keep sodium and carbs fairly low.

Now if you want to lose body fat (all over inches) and look better overall without a focus on weight then you could incorporate a meal plan that is focused on fat loss and muscle retention (High protein [50%], moderate carb/fat[25%]) with 3 days a week HIIT (High Intesity Interval Training) and 3 days a week Weight Lifting (and I mean lift heavy) and 1 rest day, no overlapping of exercises. I suggest routines that are 30-90 minutes per day, you can involve some calisthenics before breakfast as an extra boost and include light weights during calisthenics for an even better boost in the morning.

Make sure you are getting enough vitamins and minerals, eat for the exercise but still keep that deficit that is about 500-1000 cals for the lb loss. You will also want to make sure you are having a pre-workout meal/smoothie to give you the energy you are going to need and an after workout meal/smoothie/shake for recovery. Sleep well, always hydrate well, drink some green tea for energy boosts and and it also from what I hear helps your body metabolise food better.

There will be no miracles, just hard work and patience.
  • ashleybreanna13
    Options
    Add high intensity interval training to your routine... Lift heavy weights... Eat high protein.

You can try carb cycling too but I hear that is a last resort.

I'm reading into Carb Cycling... interesting but intense! We'll see... thanks!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Here's the deal...it is pretty much impossible to lose more than about 2 Lbs of actual fat in a week unless you are obese/morbidly obese...'cuz science and math. 2 Lbs per week is roughly 1000 calories deficit per day from your maintenance level of calories...this is huge, and going any bigger is potentially dangerous. Furthermore, the less you have to lose, the slower it's going to be...very large individuals lose quickly, especially initially...and a lot of it's water...but if you have 20 or less Lbs to lose, it's going to be slow going. Sorry, there is no magic.

A rockin' fitness body is developed over months and years..not a couple weeks of crash dieting.
  • mytime1986
    mytime1986 Posts: 117
    Options

Fat burners!

His post was in sarcasm font....

Sadly enough I thought he was serious too. I was about to get ecited since due to a health condition it is harder for me to lose weight.. :(
  • ashleybreanna13
    Options
    If you are looking for literally the loss of pounds then you could eat at a deficit that doesn't sit below 1200 net cals and over time yes you will lose it and depending on if you are working out while maintaining that net you will lose faster. Make sure to hydrate lots and keep sodium and carbs fairly low.

Now if you want to lose body fat (all over inches) and look better overall without a focus on weight then you could incorporate a meal plan that is focused on fat loss and muscle retention (High protein [50%], moderate carb/fat[25%]) with 3 days a week HIIT (High Intesity Interval Training) and 3 days a week Weight Lifting (and I mean lift heavy) and 1 rest day, no overlapping of exercises. I suggest routines that are 30-90 minutes per day, you can involve some calisthenics before breakfast as an extra boost and include light weights during calisthenics for an even better boost in the morning.

Make sure you are getting enough vitamins and minerals, eat for the exercise but still keep that deficit that is about 500-1000 cals for the lb loss. You will also want to make sure you are having a pre-workout meal/smoothie to give you the energy you are going to need and an after workout meal/smoothie/shake for recovery. Sleep well, always hydrate well, drink some green tea for energy boosts and and it also from what I hear helps your body metabolise food better.

Best answer, thank you!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this sounds rude...but summer is already HERE. You can't look good by summer, sorry. Not this one, anyway. The person who said start six months ago might have been a little insensitive to word it that way, but she is completely right.

And you probably won't listen to my advice, but the waist trimmer is complete bullsh!t. I'm sorry you got suckered into trying it. I understand the allure to a "quick fix" or a "jumpstart", but the hard truth is that there is not easy or fast way to do it. I sincerely hope you didn't spend a lot of money on it, because it does nothing but make you lose water weight, which, in the height of the heat in summer is downright dangerous at worst, extremely silly at best. Ditch the gimmicks, don't bother with "fat burners" (they don't exist) and just work on maintaining a calorie deficit while lifting heavy weights. You'll get there, just be patient.
  • mytime1986
    mytime1986 Posts: 117
    Options

Best answer, thank you!

^^ I agree!! I didnt know about the before shake or the green tea.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options

here we go.
  • ashleybreanna13
    Options
    Sorry if this sounds rude...but summer is already HERE. You can't look good by summer, sorry. Not this one, anyway. The person who said start six months ago might have been a little insensitive to word it that way, but she is completely right.

And you probably won't listen to my advice, but the waist trimmer is complete bullsh!t. I'm sorry you got suckered into trying it. I understand the allure to a "quick fix" or a "jumpstart", but the hard truth is that there is not easy or fast way to do it. I sincerely hope you didn't spend a lot of money on it, because it does nothing but make you lose water weight, which, in the height of the heat in summer is downright dangerous at worst, extremely silly at best. Ditch the gimmicks, don't bother with "fat burners" (they don't exist) and just work on maintaining a calorie deficit while lifting heavy weights. You'll get there, just be patient.

thank you. makes sense that it doesnt work (waist trimmer)
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options

thank you. makes sense that it doesnt work (waist trimmer)

I wish there were more honest ppl on the world like this
  • msaprilm1
    msaprilm1 Posts: 47
    Options
    Hot Yoga