Help...confused

Options
I have been reading up on TDEE and some people say eat back and some say no so I am asking:

I exercise 6 days a week. That includes Cardio and 3 days of lifting.
I am 38 and weigh 169.2.

BMR 1526
TDEE 2632
20% 1974

Do I eat back my exercise calories or just stick to 1974?

Replies

• doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    don't
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    If you use MFP as it's designed you would eat them back because the program doesn't take your exercise into account until you actually do it. Since a TDEE calculation includes the exercise already you don't eat them back because they're already accounted for.
  • DVaughan1975
    DVaughan1975 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Stick to 1974. Your excercise calories are already figured into your TDEE. I am assuming that you set your activity level to moderately active (if not more).
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    If you included your exercise in your activity level when you ran your numbers for TDEE, then do not eat them back.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I custom changed my goals in MFP by what Scooby's Workshop said. I have it set as Strenuous exercise as I joined a Crossfit class starting next week.
  • freebirdjones
    Options
    I custom changed my goals in MFP by what Scooby's Workshop said. I have it set as Strenuous exercise as I joined a Crossfit class starting next week.

If you have your BMR in there eat them back.

If your going to TDEE - the deficit then don't eat them back, you've already accounted for them in TDEE =)

I know mfp has people to their TDEE and then you put in cardio in your log and it tells you to eat them twice. I don't know why?
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Stick to 1974. Your excercise calories are already figured into your TDEE. I am assuming that you set your activity level to moderately active (if not more).

^^ This. Strenuous sounds right to me. :)