pronciple of weight loss. 1 kg per week

Options
Hello there I don't understand the principle of losing weight. The calorie intake, the calorie deficit it's really confusing me. I've never been good at math so can anybody explain it in some easy way?.....

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You need x calories a day to maintain your body and neither lose nor gain weight= maintenance.
    If you eat more than that then you will gain.
    If you eat less, then you will lose.

The amount less than maintenance is called your deficit, its created by eating less or moving more.
    For every 500 calories per day you eat less, then you will lose a thoerietical 1lb over a week as 1lb of fat = 3500 cals . MFP figures it all out for you or any calorie calculator will.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    You need x calories a day to maintain your body and neither lose nor gain weight= maintenance.
    If you eat more than that then you will gain.
    If you eat less, then you will lose.

The amount less than maintenance is called your deficit, its created by eating less or moving more.
    For every 500 calories per day you eat less, then you will lose a thoerietical 1lb over a week as 1lb of fat = 3500 cals . MFP figures it all out for you or any calorie calculator will.

This. If you plug your stats and activity level into mfp accurately, then it will do the math for you. Just be sure to be accurate.
  • dbomb76
    dbomb76 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    simplesciencefitness.com/ Everything you ever wanted to know about health and fitness without someone trying to sell you something.
  • soni_sandy1992
    soni_sandy1992 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Okay thanks everyone.