All over the place

Options
RobertDupuy
RobertDupuy Posts: 48 Member
edited June 2015 in Motivation and Support
last year I lost 50 lbs. first five months of this year, I just maintained. At 205 lbs 5' 11", I could still lose another 50lbs, that would land me in the middle of my range for BMI.

My issue is not dieting, oh in years past it was exactly dieting but for some unknown reason I can control my food now...my issue is.... Ugh, somehow 200 lbs was "light" for a fat person... But 199 is quite heavy... For a thin person. I know this is deep crazy, but I am now remembering my youth when I did weigh 155 lbs... When I first got down..was 203 on Jan. 1 from my high of 254 lbs. in 2014 was happy feeling successful and now I really feel at the beginning again.

I love jogging, to get the best times, well the good joggers don't carry extra weight it is a drag on your times. I do have a goal to set my weight based on what's healthy and what works for my goals.... But ack... I feel myself constantly concerned about weight again and I moved past this for a while... Ok whew, I know it will pass... Just venting

Replies

• rosshildick3d
    rosshildick3d Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you just did exactly what you need to do - realise that youre all over the place and go public with it... Tends to help me to get things out in the open and youre more reluctant to make a fool of yourself to others by failing (Its easy to just let yourself down after all) - I envy you that you enjoy running. I just made a post about the fact I hate working out and exercising. Keep doing what youre doing. Jogging and running is good for you whether yorue losing weight or not. You'll live longer :) thats what we all want, right? :P
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Being concerned about your weight isn't a bad thing. Being obsessed about it is. Being healthy isn't a loose weight and forget about it thing. Once we get to our goal we aren't going to toss the scale. That you enjoy jogging is a huge bonus. Many people find it hard to enjoy exercise.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    That's rough. Maybe a target range instead of an exact weight? If you are a runner, could you maybe add a mile here or there and eat same number of weekly cals?

Best of luck!
    leslisa