Jiu JiTsu

Options
tdefranca
tdefranca Posts: 16 Member
edited June 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Been a Brazilian is a shame I never try Brazilian Jiu Jitsu before. How much calories can you burn in a Jiu Jitsu training /day?

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I don't do JiuJitsu but I do practice aikido which is a similar although, less aggressive, art. For me 2 hours of practice gives me about a 1200 calorie burn according to Fitbit. Of course this all depends on the nature of that day's workout. Some classes are a lot lower intensity than others.

Of course what you yourself get for a burn will depend on your individual stats.
  • kaliso
    kaliso Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've trained for 2 years. I don't wear a heart rate monitor when training but suspect if you are rolling 100% you can burn somewhere between 500-1000kcals depending on how long you roll for, how hard you go, etc. I'm always exhausted by the time I leave.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    From my experience, an hour workout can burn between 500-800 calories dependent on the intensity of the workout. Especially if it's lots of practice grappling.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • johnrossmckay
    johnrossmckay Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My heart rate monitor battery light came on and the glass on the watch was cracked so I didn't feel too bad about wearing it to Jits. 1324 calories in 2.5 hours. 1 hr instruction and 1.5 hrs competitive rolling. It was an average night. Humid. Doesn't mean it was accurate either. Watch and strap actually survived the roll.