Does the uncomfortable hungry feeling go away?

Options
2»

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    angelan630 wrote: »
    Does the hunger go away after a while, and if so, when? I'm obeying the calories deficit for how much I want to lose (15 lbs over the course of 15 weeks) and taking back around 200 to make sure it's accurate, as I've seen some of you say. I also do cardio and a little strength every day. It's not painful hunger, it's kind of uncomfortable and distracting.

So you're holding back 200 calories just to make sure you're accurate? Why not just actually be accurate? You could be eating 200 calories more and still losing at the rate you want, if you're doing it right.

Anyway, it can go away. I eat high volume so it's never been much of a problem. My dinner does not even fit in a regular sized bowl, I have to use the fruit bowl on the table. It's only about 400 calories though.

Please tell me what this giant 400 calorie dinner is, you have me intrigued! :smiley: I've been sold on getting a kitchen scale so I can be more accurate, but are there other ways to be sure you're accurately counting?

The kitchen scale is number one. Also choosing the right entries from the database, and not using the generic with the asterisks.

This dinner can be 400 or just under:
    150 grams of zucchini, 150 grams of squash, sautéed with 25 grams of onion, 50 grams of tomato, 50 grams of mushroom, and cholula chipotle sauce-no oil. Add garlic toward the end. I mixed this with 6 ounces of the leanest ground turkey. When it's done I toss in a laughing cow cheese that creates a creamy sauce with the chipotle sauce I used. This version might actually be around 375. You can mess with the amounts, add 60-120 grams of black beans, spinach, etc.

I have a similar version of it logged already for tonight except it's 484 because I used avocado and black beans. I also used taco seasoning instead of the cholula.

lol we cook the same arditarose
    I am also a volume eater
    So huge plates with stir fried veggies and meats yummmieeee yummie

• BWBTrish
    Options
    268 calories a full plate

vq63w7lsf49r.jpg
  • BWBTrish
    Options
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Does the hunger go away after a while, and if so, when? I'm obeying the calories deficit for how much I want to lose (15 lbs over the course of 15 weeks) and taking back around 200 to make sure it's accurate, as I've seen some of you say. I also do cardio and a little strength every day. It's not painful hunger, it's kind of uncomfortable and distracting.

So you're holding back 200 calories just to make sure you're accurate? Why not just actually be accurate? You could be eating 200 calories more and still losing at the rate you want, if you're doing it right.

Anyway, it can go away. I eat high volume so it's never been much of a problem. My dinner does not even fit in a regular sized bowl, I have to use the fruit bowl on the table. It's only about 400 calories though.

Please tell me what this giant 400 calorie dinner is, you have me intrigued! :smiley: I've been sold on getting a kitchen scale so I can be more accurate, but are there other ways to be sure you're accurately counting?

The kitchen scale is number one. Also choosing the right entries from the database, and not using the generic with the asterisks.

This dinner can be 400 or just under:
    150 grams of zucchini, 150 grams of squash, sautéed with 25 grams of onion, 50 grams of tomato, 50 grams of mushroom, and cholula chipotle sauce-no oil. Add garlic toward the end. I mixed this with 6 ounces of the leanest ground turkey. When it's done I toss in a laughing cow cheese that creates a creamy sauce with the chipotle sauce I used. This version might actually be around 375. You can mess with the amounts, add 60-120 grams of black beans, spinach, etc.

I have a similar version of it logged already for tonight except it's 484 because I used avocado and black beans. I also used taco seasoning instead of the cholula.

lol we cook the same arditarose
    I am also a volume eater
    So huge plates with stir fried veggies and meats yummmieeee yummie

Yes! Nice. I often skip on the rice or pasta. Not because I think it's evil. I just love having a full plate of meat and vegetables, and room for a nice serving...or 3 of ice cream :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    More protein, good fat, and fiber. And lots of veggies. It makes a huge difference.

I've found that I need some kind of complex carbs with my meals to feel full though, but I typically go for whole grains vs white for the extra fiber (or potatoes... gotta love potatoes).

• BWBTrish
    Options
    yes me too
    i sometimes add quinoa because i like it so much. And potatoes too.

But yeah i have ice tonight too yum
    Pistachio with almonds....after my big bowl of popcorn of course

btw OP nope i am never hungry lol
    When i would i eat a bit more.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I've not been 'hungry' for a while now, to be honest. I'm eating 1200 cal/day, with mild exercise [not eating back calories]... First, drink only water. Everything else is empty calories to me. Also, your body many times will confuse the feelings; you feel hungry, when you are actually thirsty.

Second, figure your meal plan out to include some lower calorie foods that are larger and more filling... One thing I love is those shirataki noodles [0-20 calories] - I know, I know, so watery. I don't boil them, though! Drain, rinse, pat them dry... Bam! Available for stir fry, even with no oil! Just heat'm up in a pan for a bit, stirring, trying to remove even more moisture. Add some super low cal veg [mushroom, mung bean sprout, shallots]... Then a low cal sauce [1 tablespoon of House of Tsang bankok peanut sauce is 45 cal, and is all you need].. Mix it in while still hot on the stove.. Bam! Done! If you want more nutrients, add an egg! 60-100 cal depending on the egg. It makes a GREAT lunch [microwaves well], and leaves sooo many calories for later..

And the best part... SO FILLING. SO LOW CAL.

But yeah, things like that. Just find some low-cal items you can throw together to make a huge, delicious, filling meal.
  • arditarose
    Options
    yes me too

lol I often do the popcorn and ice cream in the same night too!

Yeah, OP I'm not really hungry either. I have to be in a bit of a deficit today so I'm a little hungry, but you know--that's why cucumbers, carrots, salsa, come in handy.
  • PixelPuff
    Options
    yes me too

Yeah, OP I'm not really hungry either. I have to be in a bit of a deficit today so I'm a little hungry, but you know--that's why cucumbers, carrots, salsa, come in handy.
    I've actually started to do the occasional water-fast to make myself hungry to know there is nothing wrong. Nope, I'm just eating my fill on such low-cal yummies!
  • arditarose
    Options
    PixelPuff wrote: »
    yes me too

I've actually started to do the occasional water-fast to make myself hungry to know there is nothing wrong. Nope, I'm just eating my fill on such low-cal yummies!

What? I know nothing about fasting. It's not necessary. I eat as much as I can. But if I need to hold off on dinner for a few hours because eating it at 2 pm is ridiculous...I find some veggies to munch on. That's all I was saying...
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You can be not hungry. You probably cannot be sated. Learning the difference between the two was the single biggest key to my weight loss.
  • PixelPuff
    Options
    PixelPuff wrote: »
    yes me too

What? I know nothing about fasting. It's not necessary. I eat as much as I can. But if I need to hold off on dinner for a few hours because eating it at 2 pm is ridiculous...I find some veggies to munch on. That's all I was saying...

I was just making a comment on how little of hunger I feel, didn't actually mean to quote you. Woopsie!