Which milk are you drinking?

Options
13»

Replies

• bonnymom
    bonnymom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I drink 2%. I can't stand skim and would prefer 1%. I don't drink/use enough milk to buy my own, so the whole family uses 2%. My kids are 8 and 3, so I still want them to have the 2% to have more fat for their brain development.
  • DwightJenkins
    DwightJenkins Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I can tell I'm in the minority on this one, but I drink real milk from a cow. We use to drink 2 percent, but have recently gone to 1 percent without any problems with the taste. As far as soy or almond juice, if you like it, that's great, but I refuse to call it milk. Milk comes from boobies and soy beans and almonds don't have them, I've looked.
  • karlowe
    karlowe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    :smile: fat free..YUMMY!
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Well I can't drink any kind of soy milk and have a slight intolerance to cow milk so I drink mainly Blue Diamond Almond milk, chocolate and vanilla...If I drink cow's milk I drink 1% but cook with 2% or the unflavored Blue Diamond Almond Milk.
  • jems11021
    jems11021 Posts: 23
    Options
    I am with you I also drink Almond milk it is really good.
  • lauraparkerrr
    lauraparkerrr Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Asda semi skimmed, however I only have a tiny bit in my coffee and that's it.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I don't drink much milk but organic fat free when I use it on my cereal.
  • starlitkate
    starlitkate Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I drink any skim milk. I mostly buy Hood or Hannaford brand.
  • kickitlarson
    kickitlarson Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I make raw almond milk right at home - pretty easy. Just soak 1 cup of RAW almonds overnight in water. Drain & rinse, then put into blender with 3-4 cups of water. Blend that all up and then you need to drain it. You can get nut mylk bags or cheesecloth or even a large mesh like strainer. The liquid comes out and the pulp is left behind. Then you can taste the milk to see if you need more water or if its good. Next you can add a bit of vanilla, some stevia, and a tiny pinch of salt. Stir that all up and there ya go. You can also add in 2-3 pitted dates when you are blending the almonds to make the milk sweet.

Personally I'm super lazy so I bought a soy milk machine & it has a mill option with a metal seive connected to it - so I just put my water in - then in the metal seive I put the nuts, dates, and vanilla....set it to mill & then take it out when its done- less mess, no real straining or anything :)

Instead of throwing out the pulp you can do tons of things with it. Mix it up with shredded zuchinni, tomatoes, celery, carrots & wrap it up in lettuce. If you have a dehydrator you can make raw crackers, you can dehyrdate it into almond flour & use in different recipes, you can blend it with dates and then roll into balls for a quick sweet treat, make some date paste (dates & water blended) and mix into the pulp with sliced apples & cinnamon (YUMMY). As long as it doesn't go above 115F it is raw.

Cheaper, fresh, all nutrients in tact & doesn't taste like cardboard.
    Hazelnut milk is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! Taste like coffee!!