IS my food intake ok?

Options
2»

Replies

• krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Carbs too high, protein not bad, your double your sodium intake. Takeout food will screw you every time.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Carbs too high, protein not bad, your double your sodium intake. Takeout food will screw you every time.

Oh noes! Not takeout food!
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I am wondering if my food intake is ok... and what I can d to better it?

My diary is open so people should be able to view it.

I just want to feed my body the best possible.

Two concerns: Domino's Pizza - Hand-Tossed Peperoni, Ham, and Mushroom Large, 4 slice @3503 grams of sodium in one day and one meal is extremely high. Personally this is a heavy price to pay for all good work that was done in the week.

I have to disagree with this. Treating yourself to things like pizza once in a while will help make this lifestyle sustainable. Sodium isn't fat gain, so who cares really. One bad meal once in a while will not derail your efforts. You may see slight increase on the scale, but it should come off quickly, its not fat gain.
  • Cese27
    Cese27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Looks good
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You have a decent variety. You are consistently low in protein. I'd add some chicken or fish. It seems like you like sweet things, so a protein powder might be more up your alley. And of course... you could always eat more veggies.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    You have a decent variety. You are consistently low in protein. I'd add some chicken or fish. It seems like you like sweet things, so a protein powder might be more up your alley. And of course... you could always eat more veggies.

^^This^^

Overall it looks pretty good for the last week. Don't worry about having pizza once in awhile unless you have a medical condition that would restrict your sodium. You might want to look at switching some of the fruits for veggies and increasing your protein. You'll do better long term if you find a way of eating for life...not just restricting calories short term for weight loss.
  • annasor70
    annasor70 Posts: 187 Member
    Options

Ok.. so up fat and protein? Eat more meat basically?

Plant sources for fat and protein are much healthier. Peas, beans, grains and nuts would be far better than meat.

Agreed! For protein tempeh, tofu and lentils also :)
  • kimbyfly
    kimbyfly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was the first time in about 2 months I had pizza. I know it isn't good for me, but I just had been hankering for one. I ate it and felt sick. I know not to do that now. I think I am going to stick as I am, maybe adding a few protein through peas etc.

Don't look at yesterdays meal and judge me on that please lol
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was the first time in about 2 months I had pizza. I know it isn't good for me, but I just had been hankering for one. I ate it and felt sick. I know not to do that now. I think I am going to stick as I am, maybe adding a few protein through peas etc.

Don't look at yesterdays meal and judge me on that please lol

You dont have to explain your food choices. You wanted pizza, and so you had some. The world isnt going to cave in, ignore anyone trying to shame you about it.

So much junk science advice on here. There is NOTHING wrong with eating more than 100g of carbs a day, or having pizza, or eating meat. Generally your diet to me, looks like a standard diet. Some carbs, some veg, some protein, some treats. I agree that the calories are quite low.
    I dont disagree with the suggestion to get some more protein in, generally I find personally that protein keeps me fuller for longer. Eggs for breakfast is usually my go to, and I eat meat/fish with every meal. Eat food you enjoy and move about :)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with pizza. Don't let people convince you that certain foods are automatically bad. Anyone who tries is a fool.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with pizza. Don't let people convince you that certain foods are automatically bad. Anyone who tries is a fool.
    You've obviously never had 2 for 1 pizza......j/k. There's a winery by me with a wood burning outdoor oven that serves up probably the best pizza I've ever had, and I'm picky. They brought in a pizza maker from Italy to teach their staff, which could be a bit of hype, but I think it was a smart move.