Cheat Day. Weekly, Bi-Weekly or Monthly?

Options
2»

Replies

• MFD7576
    MFD7576 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    To many people to tag responses to but, My maintenance is ~3000 so clearly ill be in deficit if I go over my goal of 2k but that's not the point.

I wasn't asking if I should or shouldn't take a cheat day, or if cheat days even make sense. Im asking the mathematical implications of losing x number of pounds a week/month what would the result be. CLEARLY if I stuck to my diet I will lose faster. I am asking HOW MUCH of a different will ONE day make....

Sorry for the short attitude, havin a bad day... lol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    To many people to tag responses to but, My maintenance is ~3000 so clearly ill be in deficit if I go over my goal of 2k but that's not the point.

I wasn't asking if I should or shouldn't take a cheat day, or if cheat days even make sense. Im asking the mathematical implications of losing x number of pounds a week/month what would the result be. CLEARLY if I stuck to my diet I will lose faster. I am asking HOW MUCH of a different will ONE day make....

Sorry for the short attitude, havin a bad day... lol

It's just math. If you eat 1700 extra calories that week from a cheat day, you'll lose half a pound less in that week. One pound = 3500 calories.
  • MFD7576
    Options
    I did not know that math... Thank you.
  • MFD7576
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    Try once a week and track to see if you're still meeting your weight loss expectations. If not, cut it back to twice a month.

(editorial note: ditch the OJ altogether. complete waste of calories)

Thank you for being one of few people to help! Lol I can see why OJ is a waste of calories. Rips up my tongue also
  • cyronius
    cyronius Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thank you for being one of few people to help!

Wow, way to be an ungrateful *kitten*...

Fair enough, people missed the intent of your question. But that doesn't mean they weren't trying to help...

• MFD7576
    Options
    cyronius wrote: »
    Thank you for being one of few people to help!

Wow, way to be an ungrateful *kitten*...

Fair enough, people missed the intent of your question. But that doesn't mean they weren't trying to help...

You made a good point too but yesterday I was feeling sick to my stomach all day so I didn't write as many kind words as I should have.

I think you made a good point though, as I would find myself try to wiggle out of going over my Cal limit at the end of the day even though I physically did. Yesterday was the first time I logged over in a while. I should always keep myself accounted for every day, even if I do go over. but on the more fair side is that I could also look at my weekly average and see how often I went over during the week and then decide if I should have that extra piece of chicken Saturday. If I didn't go over any other day, one day wont kill me. The cold hard truth in the matter is that if I didn't cheat, Ill lose faster, but I think that's a point out of the obvious for this site lol

On a side note too, I went over 500 calories yesterday and still have been consistently losing everyday. Somehow ive been losing about a half pound or pound a day at the moment. I think its the purge of all the high sodium foods and water weight lose.