Feel Nauseous with fitness routine

Options
New Routine and Nauseousness
Hi everyone
A bit about me I'm 5'1 and weight 111 pounds.
I live in 100 degree weather and walk over 10,000 steps a day.
I also aim to drink 100 oz of water, daily.

Everyday I go to the gym and do about 2 hours of cardio and burn 500-700 calories.
Since the beginning of this week, I started weight training 3x a week as well. And according to my fitbit, that burns 180ish calories for 35 minutes. So in the mornings I do my cardio and in the evening I do a bit more cardio and weights.
Everyday I also walk to and from my gym.

Food wise, I aim to eat 1,200 calories a day, although some days when I overeat by like 200, I workout more and burn those calories.
So this entire week Ive been feeling extremely fatigued and nauseous and Ive been having bad headaches.
And I'm not pregnant but I havent had my period in 2 months.

Do you guys think it's due to sudden weight lifting? Thoughts?

Replies

• PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Yeah, no. It's from *kitten* starving yourself.

Eat something.
  • trusty48
    trusty48 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »

Eat something.
    ^^ this
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »

Eat something.

Definitely this.
    eat food and workout less.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any recommendations on how many calories I should be consuming?
  • Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    MeiannaLee wrote: »
    Does anyone have any recommendations on how many calories I should be consuming?

You are on an app that is supposed to be doing that. If you are using it correctly, it will tell you what number to eat and will tell you to eat back those exercise calories you are burning. The main problem I see is that you'll need to input reasonable goals. You are small enough that a half pound weight loss per week is about the most you should be doing. If you have it higher than that, then update it.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. You're doing it wrong. Does anyone have the helpful stickies bookmarked for her?
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Once you up the calories and your body adjusts to the exercise your period will return....although maybe lighter.
  • MeiannaLee
    Options
    Mfp calculates that I have to eat 1230 calories a day... But that doesnt sound right either. I dont know, I guess Ill just up my calories and see what works for me
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options

There is a decent TDEE calculator on the IIFYM site. That will calculate your BMR and TDEE for your stats.

MFP decides the defict based on what you select for the how many lbs/wk to lose question. Many people starting out with MFP go straight for the 2lb/wk option, which is not appropriate for many. They end up with the bare minimum calorie deficit allowed. In your case, 1200.

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

If you are truly exercising every day, your BMR alone is over 1200. Your TDEE is nearly 2000.

Also, your BMI is smack in the middle of normal. You don't need to lose weight, and especially not fast.

For your own health, reassess your goals and the time to achieve them.
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm the same weight and I get between 1350 and 1600 kcal per day depending on how I set my activity level. And I'm 30, so my bmr is likely lower than yours.

I eat 1600 kcal per day, rarely exercise and lose just fine. I would be sick if I did your routine for a day.

Seriously, eat.
  • oneallmama
    oneallmama Posts: 108 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    New Routine and Nauseousness
    Hi everyone
    A bit about me I'm 5'1 and weight 111 pounds.
    I live in 100 degree weather and walk over 10,000 steps a day.
    I also aim to drink 100 oz of water, daily.

Everyday I go to the gym and do about 2 hours of cardio and burn 500-700 calories.
    Since the beginning of this week, I started weight training 3x a week as well. And according to my fitbit, that burns 180ish calories for 35 minutes. So in the mornings I do my cardio and in the evening I do a bit more cardio and weights.
    Everyday I also walk to and from my gym.

Food wise, I aim to eat 1,200 calories a day, although some days when I overeat by like 200, I workout more and burn those calories.
    So this entire week Ive been feeling extremely fatigued and nauseous and Ive been having bad headaches.
    And I'm not pregnant but I havent had my period in 2 months.

Do you guys think it's due to sudden weight lifting? Thoughts?

Please, Please eat some food... You are going to kill yourself at the rate you're going!!! I'm not kidding. Terri Schiavo's heart gave out because she was lacking in nutrients (potassium mainly) and ultimately died in the end because of it. Your body is crying out for food to fuel your workouts. If you're missing periods then your body is definitely suffering due to lack of nutrition.
  • MeiannaLee
    Options
    Lol okay Ill up my intake jeeze u guys make it seem like im gonna kick and scream before I take some food.

Like i love food and get full fast thats why i never felt the need to try to eat more. You guys are so dramatic.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Change your MFP information to reflect your workout routines, it will give you more calories to eat.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Mfp calculates that I have to eat 1230 calories a day... But that doesnt sound right either. I dont know, I guess Ill just up my calories and see what works for me

No. No. No. No. BIG FAT NOPE!

MFP gave you calories to eat based on your goal and told you to eat back your exercise calories

So if you are given 1230 calories to achieve a weight loss

Walking 10,000 steps a day - probably around 350 calories if you're set at sedentary
    2 hours cardio - you say 700 (I could buy that .. but seriously that is so OTT it makes me want to cry)
    plus weights - say 50

you should be eating 1230+350+700+50 = 2330 calories a day

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Change your MFP information to reflect your workout routines, it will give you more calories to eat.

exercise is not included in MFP information - that's activity level it's different
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options

Your Fitbit burn is TDEE—the calories necessary to maintain your current weight.

Connect your accounts at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/fitbit

Enable negative calorie adjustments in your diary settings, and set your goal to .5 lb. per week for every 25 lbs. you're overweight.

Ignore your Fitbit calorie goal and follow MFP's, eating back your Fitbit adjustments. You'll be eating TDEE minus an appropriate deficit.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Id say eat between 1300 to 1600 because of all the exercise. Nausea you are not eating enough. :)