Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Lost Weight, But....

jfrench255
jfrench255 Posts: 3 Member
I started out at 329 pounds at the beginning of February. As of June 2nd, I weighed 277 pounds. A success story? Not really, my Wife passed away February 19th, and I stopped eating. I have now just gotten my appetite back, but I want to keep losing weight and keep off the weight I have already lost. My Wife would have been proud of me, but it does not help with the grief I am going through. Thanks for letting me share my story so far.

Replies

• CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    My condolences on your loss! Your wife certainly WOULD be proud of your success! Please honor her further by doing it healthfully.

Grief is a process that is different for everyone. Please feel free to come here for support whenever you need it, and friend me (and others) if you wish, so you won't feel so alone!
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Very sorry for your loss. Your wife is and will be proud of you for losing the weight and more.
    Take time for yourself to heal. Try to eat healthy foods.
    Do your best at this hard time. <3
  • Emartz2
    Emartz2 Posts: 108 Member
    So very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine your grief.

But for your health, yourself and your wife...continue on this weight-loss journey!
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Dear J,

sorry to hear about your loss. i hope you have a strong support system around you.

as for the weaight loss, you mentioned that you stopped eating after your wife passed on, which led to weight loss. the chances are, you will probably gain some of that weight back once your appetite gets into its regular routine - so dont be disappointed when that happens.

the key is for youto do some research into what a healthy caloric deficit would be for you and eat to that. Also, geting some physical activity would likely help you in the physical and emotional espects of your current state.

Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend if you care to shoot the breeze.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    I'm truly so sorry for your loss. Take the time to grieve and lose the weight the right way once you get your mind right.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!