Counting calories

Options
I hate the fact that I have to count calories... Logging every last thing I eat.. So annoying. How does anyone keep track of how much calories are going in without counting? How do you keep track of calories burned? I find MFP exaggerates a tad.
What's everyone doing for this stuff?

Replies

• leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    Well, we count our calories. That´s why we use this site. :flowerforyou:
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    when you use this site, and record what you eat, you will see if you can eat more or less. Like if you are trying to give up sodium or lower it, then when you see some food that seemed innocent really had tons of sodium, which retains water, and affects your weight loss. so use it, as you will be amazed. can you invest a little bit of time for your good health? I think it wont be drudgery when you see how you really are doing. I mean really, we do waste a lot of time on stupid stuff, but this one really is worth it.
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Well, we count our calories. That´s why we use this site. :flowerforyou:

"like" button for that one.

The only way to really know is to count. Unless u eat the same rotation of meals and are aware of the contents and that they don't exceed your daily max. As tedious as it is logging doesn't really take that long, plus ask your self if that is just an excuse. Best of luck
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do to lose weight, you will have to track something, be it WeightWatcher points, calories or something else. Weight loss is essentially the balance between the amount of energy you put in versus he amount of energy you use. Anything left over will be stored as fat just as any deficit will be taken from your fat stores and you lose weight. If you don't monitor what goes in and what gets used in some form or another, then you want know if you stand a fighting chance. Similarly, if you go mad and don't eat enough you still won't lose. If you ask for advice, the chances are that whoever answers you will look at your diary first.

It is a pain to start with, but it gets easier very quickly as you load your normal foods into your profile. Besides, its how MFP works. And it does work.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    If you want the results put the work in i'm afarid. After a while weighing your food becomes second nature so don't try and over complicate it