What is it like to finally have a flat stomach?

Options
2»

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I'm just looking forward to the day when I sit down in a pair of jeans my belly doesn't flop over the top. Sexy stuff right there.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    It is by no means some kind of life changing thing...it's just a flat stomach. I look pretty good pool side, but other than that...meh
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    In my experience, it makes you happier about how your belly looks, and little else. Truthfully, I'd gladly move some of my fat from my thighs to my belly if I could.
  • olycar89
    olycar89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A flat tummy was one of my main goals while trying to lose weight. As long as I can remember, I've always had a bit of a gut. After losing 70 pounds, I have some hanging skin and still have a ways to go with tightening up my midsection, but I've never felt so comfortable with my body. It's been about 13 years since the last time I've worn shorts!!! And now I'm rocking those daisy Dukes and cute crop tops I've always dreamed of wearing! But don't get me wrong, nothing beats wearing comfy band tees
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Mine's flat when I lay down. If it would only be like that standing up. I came to the conclusion decades ago the only way for me to have a flat stomach is via surgery.
  • olycar89
    olycar89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    olycar89 wrote: »
    A flat tummy was one of my main goals while trying to lose weight. As long as I can remember, I've always had a bit of a gut. After losing 70 pounds, I have some hanging skin and still have a ways to go with tightening up my midsection, but I've never felt so comfortable with my body. It's been about 13 years since the last time I've worn shorts!!! And now I'm rocking those daisy Dukes and cute crop tops I've always dreamed of wearing! But don't get me wrong, nothing beats wearing comfy band tees

The rest of what I wrote got deleted but though having a flat tummy must be nice, not having one doesn't takeaway from how special and unique you are. I've always had self esteem issues due to my weight and always thought I wasn't lovable because of my size. But whether you have abs or not, if you have a big booty or no booty, none of that determines your worth and I'm learning to love myself and parts of me that aren't perfect
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    My belly is shrinking down nicely and I cannot wait to get rid of it. Clothes fit so much better already.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Getting to that point felt great! Clothes fit better and you don't worry about sucking it in. It's a comfortable feeling to not worry how your belly will poke out in pictures or if your clothes are flattering and covering the parts you are uncomfortable with.

You still feel like you have a belly rolls when you sit down. I still have loose skin, so I can't just go for a run with my shirt off because my skin flops around. It's a long process to get there. It took a lot of focus and hard work. It was worth it.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Having a flat stomach is completely awesome, especially because I am pear shaped with a pretty well developed booty. It's not completely flat, but looks flat in clothes, which works for me. It is not flat-looking every day. I tend to bloat if I eat too much processed sugar and big meals. I do have a roll when sitting, which only shows if I'm in a bikini or tight workout clothes. Losing weight and strengthening my core muscles is what does it for me. I'm getting back to that point now, and I absolutely love it.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I want that absence of thought!! When I was pregnant, and my stomach was obviously big--but it was supposed to be- I loved being able to just proudly walk around without feeling like I had to suck in my stomach or constantly access how I looked in an outfit. I am always conscious about how big my stomach appears in every outfit, and I've love to get to a "flat enough" point where it is simply no longer a part of my thought process.
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I was obsessed with my belly button when my torso finally leaned out. It had gone from a bottomless pit to a little pothole, if that makes any sense. I do like how tops hang on me now.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    For me, I hate when my seat belt touches my stomach rolls - I know my stomach is "flat"/smaller when it no longer touches. That's the best part for me. Looking slim in fitted clothing is good too. Though, I believe no matter how flat my stomach is, it will always roll when I sit down. It also has a lovely stretched look from 3 pregnancies so as another poster said, it would be a crime against humanity to bare it to the world - lol

For my husband, he hates when his stomach touches his belt - though he has an 8-pack (is that even possible?!) abs so it's not really an issue for him.