My birthday is on saturday... Should I eat freely?

Options
2»

Replies

• hallswan
    hallswan Posts: 90
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Eat, drink and be merry - enjoy yourself - your birthday only comes once a year! On my birthday I didn't count a single calorie - but I stopped when I was full - and I found that I didn't eat as much as I usually would!

Take care and have a great day!
  • chickky311
    chickky311 Posts: 17
    Options
    I actually live in Chicago, and I'll be celebrating my 30th birthday next week. I know first hand about all the good food here! I'm thinking I'll probably just eat what I want on the day that I celebrate, and try to be as good as I can the rest of the days that week. I'll probably still count the calories just to see how it all adds up, but I might try to get in a little extra exercises during the week too. Good luck, and have a great birthday!!!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    That is a personal choice, of course . . . but I would still log in and enter my food that day. Journaling is part of the process that assists you in realizing how your choices affect you . . . so by not journaling your food that day you are only "cheating" yourself. Sometimes the BEST way to learn about your habits, etc, is to learn from bad days. One day isn't going to make a huge impact on your weight, but it may make an impact in your mind viewing it . . . and a lesson learned along the way too.

I've always thought the best policy was to be honest with yourself, good or bad.
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    If I have a special day I go ahead and eat what I want with moderation. If I go too overboard then I just wind up feeling yucky and miserable. I wouldn't worry about writing everything down all day, just enjoy it and have fun, You might just do a summary on your food journal at the end of the day or the day after. It's really hard to figure out the calories, etc. when you're eating out anyway, but at least when you look back at it later you will know what happened.
  • Яaquel
    Яaquel Posts: 90
    Options
    YES!!!! It's your day
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    :drinker: ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker:
  • ThumperWabbt
    ThumperWabbt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone else...it's your birthday! Enjoy it! When mine rolls around I fully intend to have cake, pizza, and quite possibly a giant Stupid Drink. Maybe two :)

I didn't indulge on my birthday last year, and I still regret not having the piece of cake that I really wanted... Life's too short to not have cake on your birthday!
  • ladysw357
    ladysw357 Posts: 43
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!!! I believe that you should enjoy your day without stressing out. Sample whatever you want. This is a lifestyle, not a diet. This means that you are not "cheating", only celebrating!

On a side note, I'm the same height as you and would kill to make it to your starting weight! Actually, my final goal is 10lbs over your starting weight, which is a healthy weight. Best wishes making it to 125; I haven't been weight since middle school!
  • Lightonmyfeet
    Options
    Your birthday only comes once a year.
    Take a break from calorie counting, enjoy the good food and have a happy birthday. :smile:
    You can always get back on track the next day.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Yes. Its your birthday. I mean, c'mon... Your not going to gain a couple pounds over that one day. Enjoy yourself and do what you think is best and not what others are telling you about how you should eat for the day. Just go back to your normal eating routine the next day or when you get back from Chicago. It's not going to derail your work so far.
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    first of all...happy birthday :) enjoy your day...eat and drink what makes you happy but not like you need to unbutton your pants to be comfortable :) i know its been suggested already, but try to get in a good workout the morning of/for the few days before and then ENJOY!!! in my opinion you will be more upset that you deny yourself rather than if you have a little fun and enjoy...it will be harder to stick to the program if you don't let yourself indulge and enjoy every once in a while for special times :)
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    mmm.... Lou Malnati's!

I say - go for it! - just remember there is a difference between eating what you want and gorging yourself because you can!
  • mbmomof4
    mbmomof4 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTEY!!!! Enjoy YOUR day. Do not stress about anything. Personally I have "cheat days'' once a week now, maybe more if there is a special occasion. Consider the way you eat daily a lifestyle change, not a diet & you should not be made to feel like your lifestyle change is a prison sentence. Enjoy yourself!!!! Going off base now & then is a good thing for your body, it actually shocks the system & helps to avoid plateaus, believe it or not!!! So you most certainly SHOULD enjoy eating WHATEVER YOU WANT on Saturday:drinker:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!:flowerforyou: