Easy to Grab Breakfast Foods?

Options
mjgrin
mjgrin Posts: 883 Member
I need some ideas for breakfast foods that I can grab in the morning and go. I work super early and my roommates room is right next to the kitchen and our walls are very thin so I can't really be in there cooking or anything.

I usually grab Lara Bars, Yogurt or Fruit, but it's already starting to get old. Does anybody have any ideas on something else that I could easily grab and go in the mornings? I have tried making croissants with eggs and the like the night before and heating it up quickly, but it doesn't taste very good.

Thanks!

Replies

• apciochetto
    apciochetto Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    arnold sandwich thin, philly cream cheese and lox. depending on how you do you you can usually get at 100 calories for the whole thing and you can eat hot or cold.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    You can prepare your food the night before. Unless your roommate is the type to eat your stuff.
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Try making muffins or some sort of frittata.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Try this > mason jar oatmeal.
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I make oatmeal ahead of time and separate out into containers for the week. or hard boiled eggs
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    There are recipes out there for egg muffins, basically an omelet cooked in a muffin tin. They are supposed to be good for a few days after you make them.

Also keep in mind that breakfast doesn't need to be foods that we usually consider breakfast foods. You could have a turkey sandwich.
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I make little high protein muffins, fritattas or smoothies that I eat/drink on the way to work.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i make this pretty often... http://www.budgetbytes.com/2012/03/kale-chorizo-frittata/ cut it into six pieces, wrap individually in tinfoil and you have breakfast for the week.
  • Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    you could try boiling the eggs instead, cook em the night before
    also protein shakes
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    paris458 wrote: »
    I make oatmeal ahead of time and separate out into containers for the week. or hard boiled eggs

DITTO
  • katieno7
    katieno7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am not much of a breakfast eater. I usually just have a big glass of water, and then an hour or two later I will drink a cup of coffee and have some peanut butter crackers. :)
  • Lexieberry
    Lexieberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Banana and granola bars for the win!
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I make egg 'muffins' or breakfast burritos ahead of time to last me through the week. I wrap them up and store them in the freezer until the day before and just heat them up in the morning! If I get up super late I'll just mix up some protein powder and some almond or cashew milk in a shaker cup and drink it on the way to work. Boiled eggs, fruit, homemade protein bars, etc. I try to prepare my meals ahead of time mostly. Hope this helps a bit.
  • sullyxo
    sullyxo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    Try this > mason jar oatmeal.

Agreed! Refrigerated Oats are also really good. You can make more than one ahead of time so you are ready to go for the week.

Refrigerated Oats
    - 1/3 C oats
    - 1/3 C almond milk
    - 1 tsp chia seeds
    - 1 tsp pure honey
    - 1/2 tbsp almond butter
    - 1/2 C greek yogurt (I use half plain and half vanilla)
    - 1/2 C fruit (strawberries seem to be best)
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    If I am in a hurry... A KIND almond bar, fresh fruit, and milk