Favorite Music to Exercise To

Options
crypsyx
crypsyx Posts: 858 Member
edited June 2015 in Chit-Chat
I'm sure not everyone listens to music while working out (then again I could be wrong). I'm curious what people listen to to keep themselves motivated when running, walking, doing whatever you to do to exercise and maintain/lose weight. Okay I'm also nosy because this is how I find out about other music I don't normally listen to. o:) I don't like the radio all that much because it's the same songs over and over and over again. If DJs would mix it up more, I'd be more inclined to listen. So long story short, what do you jam to when sweating?

edit: i guess i'm also asking for specific artists you listen to. genres are great but i'm keen to find new artists to listen to while working out as well. :)

Replies

• sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    House / Dubstep / Techno

Recently, I have been listening to Jaytech Radio on Spotify or Pandora.
  • crypsyx
    crypsyx Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    House / Dubstep / Techno

Recently, I have been listening to Jaytech Radio on Spotify or Pandora.

any specifics you'd recommend?
  • Neversettle78
    Neversettle78 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Rob Bailey and the Hustle Standard. I can't do it without Rob in my ears!
  • jamieklassen7
    jamieklassen7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    trance/hardstyle - mixes from di.fm or whatever my buddy puts on
    or death metal, brutal is best for getting through those heavy squats - cryptopsy, abnormality, parasitic extirpation, abominable putridity, visceral disgorge, defeated sanity, deeds of flesh, etc
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    rap or metal
    when i'm not at the gym, mostly country
  • governatorkp
    governatorkp Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Trans/Electronics.

While it ain't -at all- the music I normally listen to, they give that extra kick during workouts (exactly when you need it!)

Tomorrowland playlists have quite good artist/song mixes.
    - Tomorrowland being the largest annual electronic music festival held in the world, taking place in Belgium.
    -David Guetta, Nicky Romero, Martin Garrix, Afrojack, Hardwell, Steve Aoki, to name a few.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Contemporary Christian songs really motivate me. A few of my favorites are Casting Crowns' "Voice of Truth" (great to warm up to), MercyMe's "Move," (perfect for cardio), and I finish with Third Day's "Let Me Love You" (to cool down, very soothing). I hope this helps!
  • Tailgater75
    Tailgater75 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Loud Heavy Thrashing and Violent sounding Rock and Alternative. With some old school rock and Hair Bands! :p