Coconut Oil Recipes?

Options
mattyc772014
mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
I have a jar of coconut oil and I am looking for recipes that people enjoy. Dont want it to go to waste. Thanks :)

Replies

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    You can sub it for some of the fat in baking recipes, or use it as you would regular oil in your cooking.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    If it's an unrefined, virgin, expeller-pressed oil with some decent flavor then I like to use it in Proats (Protein Oats) or for any kind of baking.

If it's not that variety, then it won't have as much flavor. You could substitute it in place of regular cooking oil or use it as a moisturizer (or lube) lol.
  • bmaguire13690
    bmaguire13690 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Baking with it is good (especially cookies), you can also use it as moisturiser, lip balm, mouthwash, hair conditioner and make-up remover.

Plus it lasts for ages even out of the fridge, so unless you've had it for years don't worry about it going to waste quickly!
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Freezer Almond Butter Fudge... blew my mind! So tasty and super satisfying.

http://ohsheglows.com/2015/06/05/salted-almond-butter-freezer-fudge-everyday-detox-cookbook/
  • Tammynado
    Tammynado Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree with above - last forever and use it just like you would anything that requires oil when cooking or baking - I don't use olive or canola oil anymore I use coconut oil. Just like above use as a hair conditioner, lip balm, skin moisturizer, google uses for cocout oil and you will find a ton...
  • Solosesso
    Solosesso Posts: 103 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Coconut oil chocolate :
    - 2 cups of virgin coconut oil
    - about 1/2 cup of maple syrup or honey, to taste
    - about 5 tbps of cocoa powder (or more if you want a more intense chocolate taste)
    - 1/2 unsweetened shredded coconut

Make sure your oil is semi-solid (not to hard, not to liquid) so it mixes well with the other ingredients. Mix it all together and then smash with a fork to make sure there isn't big lumps of oil left. Put it in the container of your choice (I use a pyrex container) and freeze or refrigerate, depending on how hard you want it to be. then cut it in little squares and enjoy the deliciouness!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you! I will make some this weekend. :)
  • DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I put mine in coffee. Quick easy fats.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to try this: http://www.cleverhousewife.com/2013/04/brown-sugar-coconut-oil-cookies/

If you get around to it before I do, let me know how they taste!
  • Andrealorren
    Andrealorren Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like to make a big pot of coconut oil popcorn! Lightly salt or season however you like, Then portion it in baggies to grab on the go!