Zucchini Recipes?

Options

Replies

• rhoeller
    rhoeller Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just made a farro risotto with diced zucchini. Make it the same way you would make regular risotto. It was so good and much healthier than using arborio rice.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I do this but I also add garlic with the onions and top it all off with lots of parmesan cheese! YUM!
    I sauté a little onion in some olive oil, add zucchini, then add either fresh chopped tomatoes or a can of tomatoes. Cover and simmer until zucchini is soft. Of course, season with salt, pepper and whatever other seasonings you may like.

• saboorina
    saboorina Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love zucchini. I found a ton of recipies in pinterest. One of my favoritefavorites is using it as a pasta substitute, or eating it plane. I have a veggini (hopefully that's the right name) but it cuts the zuchini in spaghetti form. Saute it in olive oil and your fav spices. We also added pesto to it one time, when the man wanted
    pesto chicken. Boy was it good. I also use the zuchini in queche.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
  • Whiskeytub
    Whiskeytub Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I make whatever I'd be making anyway and put zuchinni in it.

Also these are amazing:
    http://www.grouprecipes.com/116102/zucchini-feta-pancakes.html
    And I don't bother separating the eggs or beating the egg whites and it works just fine.
  • gypsyish
    gypsyish Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Cream of Zucchini soup
    I probably make this cream of zucchini soup at least once a week. I love it.
    Zucchini Fritters
    Also freaking delicious.
    Parmesan Zucchini and Corn
    And finally some parmesan zucchini and corn.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I like to grill it, make zucchini cakes or zucchini "fries".
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2007/08/my-favorite-side-dish/

Three ingredients and really delicious.
  • bebogrrl
    bebogrrl Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    gypsyish wrote: »
    Cream of Zucchini soup
    I probably make this cream of zucchini soup at least once a week. I love it.
    Zucchini Fritters
    Also freaking delicious.
    Parmesan Zucchini and Corn
    And finally some parmesan zucchini and corn.

Thank you....I will be making the Cream of Zucchini Soup!
  • irisgal345
    irisgal345 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sliced zucchini, thin sliced onions, sliced tomatoes, alternate the veges in a baking dish. Sprinkle with garlic powder, italian seasoning and black pepper to taste. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup low fat mozzerella cheese. Bake for 30 minutes covered at 350. Makes 4 servings. Definite favorite in my house.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I sauteed zucchini with 1TBS butter, garlic and added some S&P, diced parsley and lemon juice. Delicious stuff!
  • HarleyQuinn34
    HarleyQuinn34 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    ZOODLES! I received a vegetti as a gift and it changed my life. They're great on the grill as well :)

This! i love zoodles- we make a spaghetti sauce packed with veggies and put it on top of zoodles- and it is delicious. some people saute their zoodles- we found we like them raw
  • bibimazoon
    bibimazoon Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I made these zucchini quinoa fritters the other night ... SO delicious and the whole fam loved em
    Next time I may try baking them in the oven with spray oil....also this recipe made a LOT so you might consider halving it

http://12tomatoes.com/2015/06/zucchini-quinoa-fritters.html?utm_source=social&utm_medium=12t&utm_campaign=zucchini-quinoa-fritters&utm_term=20150614
  • BuffaloChixSalad
    BuffaloChixSalad Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    i make stuffed zucchini as well with tomatoes an spices, pecorino cheese is amazing. also try zucchini tots from the site Emily Bites, they are easy to make and a wonderful healthy 10 cal a piece snack
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    My own garlic zucchini, pepper, crab leg lunch
    nom nom nom

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Burn-With-Barn/1389663661362874?fref=nf
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    zucchini boats - basically stuffed zucchini. cut lengthwise, scoop out seeds and some of the flesh, chop up removed seeds and flesh, add garlic powder, parmesan cheese (if you're eating cheese), breadcrumbs; rice or your favorite grain, if you like vegetarian sausage. Mix it up and stuff back into shells. Pour some marinara in pan, put stuffed boats into sauce pour more sauce around. lightly brush with olive oil. bake.

You could probably look up stuffed peppers and tomatoes and use that same filling or most anything you want to stuff it. If you look online I dont' know if you'll actually find vegetarian version, but just leave out the meat.

This is what I was going to say - but sometimes I change it up to have a 'pizza' style mix in it for that Italian flair with little chunks of pepperoni or sausage and some mozzarella on top. Adds some cals, but if you account for them, it works!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    zucchini "tots" I bake them in muffin tins-grated zucchini, eggs, parm and breadcrumbs.
    I also like zucchini boats, you could do them meatless-like pizza with marinara and cheese and whatever toppings you like.
    Also, I grate it into pasta and add pesto, but you could get a spiralizer and do all zucchini "noodles".
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Zucchini is also great in breads and muffins! Use applesauce instead of oil. Tons of recipes online.
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    "Zoodle" pasta. Recently got to try it and it can be Amazing.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    One of my favourite meals is

200g raw zoodles
    One can of tuna or salmon
    100g cherry tomatoes
    50g corn
    One pack of wholy guacamole or half an avocado
    Squeeze of lemon and lots of salt and pepper

Soooooo good, filling, high in protein, lots of veggies, healthy fats and like 350 calories