Did I eat too many carbs today?

Options
I'm trying to carb cycle and do 3-4 days low then one higher. When I say low I mean 30-40g and on high days no more than 120g. Can you all view my diet for today 6/15 and tell me what you think. I feel like it is impossible to get that low. Also I did a 20 minute Hiit, lifted for 30 minutes, and am working a 9 hour shift on my feet today. Any advice would be great! I've hit a plateau and am trying to improve my health. I'm 5'3", 132lb, female, BMI 25, body fat 30%

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I'm not aware of any magic number.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Didn't know you could have too many carbs.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    120grams on a high day...hmmm I wouldn't call that high...I eat about 150 a day.

carb cycling won't help you lose weight if you aren't in an overall calorie deficit...
  • mowhite119
    mowhite119 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not really trying to lose weight, but body fat and lower my cholesterol which has already dropped 40 points with just exercising. I also eat 1200-1400 calories a day
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    mowhite119 wrote: »
    I'm not really trying to lose weight, but body fat and lower my cholesterol which has already dropped 40 points with just exercising. I also eat 1200-1400 calories a day

Are you sure about that OP? If you weren't trying to lose weight, then you'd be eating at maintenance and not in a deficit... unless you're that small that 1200-1400 is your maintenance?
    I'm trying to carb cycle and do 3-4 days low then one higher. When I say low I mean 30-40g and on high days no more than 120g. Can you all view my diet for today 6/15 and tell me what you think. I feel like it is impossible to get that low. Also I did a 20 minute Hiit, lifted for 30 minutes, and am working a 9 hour shift on my feet today. Any advice would be great! I've hit a plateau and am trying to improve my health. I'm 5'3", 132lb, female, BMI 25, body fat 30%

Are you sure you have your goals defined OP?
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    You have eaten too many carbs when the calories in the carbs have caused you to go over the total caloried you have burnt during the day, or causes you not to meet your macros.
  • mowhite119
    mowhite119 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm just trying to say weight loss is not my main focus, my body fat percentage hasn't reduced really even though I've lost ten pounds. I get tested for it at a health clinic every few months with the handheld device that sends out a current.
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    I'm just trying to say weight loss is not my main focus, my body fat percentage hasn't reduced really even though I've lost ten pounds. I get tested for it at a health clinic every few months with the handheld device that sends out a current.

That's most likely because low carbing causes you to lose a lot of water weight in the first week or so.