Repeat MFP'ers

Options
bizgirl26
bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
I successfully lost over 60 pounds with MFP. I fell off the wagon after a few health issues but I have stopped the pity party and got back on track. Thankfully I didnt gain back every single pound but just about . Looking for friends in a similar situation .

Replies

• pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Me. I lost 45, then gained it back with interest. Then lost 55, and gained all of that back (and then some). So this is my third time around this now very familiar mountain. I would love the support.

#nolookingback
  • LydsVille77
    LydsVille77 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Me me!!! I lost roughly 80 4 years ago with WW and MFP. But this past year has been a rollercoaster up and down. Need to refocus and stick with it. Adding you both if thats okay! Got on the scale this morning and saw a 10lb gain from 30 days ago. Strength in numbers!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Right here! Lost 30. Stopped using MFP and gained 20 back. I've SLOWLY lost 10 over the last year.
  • bizgirl26
    Options
    Strength in numbers for sure!! The good news is that we were able to lose it in the past so we will lose it again. We need to learn from our mistakes and keep it off this time :)
  • dawnmichelle33
    dawnmichelle33 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This will be my 3rd time with MFP. The first time my husband and I lost a lot of weight. I lost 60 lbs and he lost almost 100. Then I put about 40 back on and decided it was time to stop gaining, and it was such a stressful time, I ended up gaining another 20. So, now back at square 1, I have lost 9 lbs so far and on my way back down. If I could just figure out how to stop the "relapses", I'd be happy!
  • oakapple
    oakapple Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have slipped and put on half of what i lost. Am sorting again from now! Would welcome some friends to help along the way and to offer support.
  • MBNagel74
    MBNagel74 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Sounds SO familiar... Lost, gained, lost some more, gained A LOT. I struggle because of a very inactive thyroid and a body that doesn't know what to do with the insulin produced (yet, I'm not diabetic). HOWEVER, I don't want that to define me. I want to be healthy - without all the drugs doctors prescribe for "people like me".

So I'm here AGAIN. This time, I have a stronger support system, a better frame of mind, and am determined to succeed. Ready to make the ultimate life change and stop the yo-yo dieting!
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah this is about my third go around or so. Trying to lose 15 pounds this time- I'm 4 pounds from goal! I really need to stick with maintenance this time, argh!
  • sammyspider1983
    sammyspider1983 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have gone up and down for last 15yrs! Wish I knew the answer :( I get quite down bout my yoyoing. Trying to get started again this week. 2 stone to lose xxx
  • MistyRose0424
    MistyRose0424 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm in the same boat!!! Lost about 100 lbs before and over the course of 10 months put back on about 45 pounds! But I'm seriously gonna do it right this time, last time lost a lot of weight too fast and restricted too much. So gonna take it slow this time and keep it off!
    Please feel free to add me as I need supportive friends who understand we have to stop the pity party and get back at it :) Let's do it right and get it done this time for good!!
  • KeepRunning27
    KeepRunning27 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm back at it! Need to lose 30 lbs all over again! We can do this! We did it before, wecan do it again. I can't give up after a plateau
  • Mick63116
    Mick63116 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same spot. Lost 50 health issues gained it back feel free to add for some support.
  • dawnmichelle33
    dawnmichelle33 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    On the plus side for all of us, we already know it's possible to lose the weight. So, we're already a leg up on those who have never done it before. Now we just need the group therapist to keep us going! Lol!
  • jesslintch
    jesslintch Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Same! I lost almost 60 and then I got pregnant. I didn't gain any weight while pregnant (strict eating because of gestational diabetes). However, c-section recovery, food freedom after 9 months, stress, and not making myself a priority means I've gained most of it back in the past 14 months.
  • SongDragon
    SongDragon Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I lost close to thirty. Then gained most of it back. I'm now ten away from where I was before, but want to lose ten more than that.
  • sarkrisd
    sarkrisd Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm on here again for the second time. I lost weight two years ago, but gained it back when I was commuting two hours a day for school for four months. I could use some friends too. I need people to help me be accountable.
  • bizgirl26
    Options
    Well we definitely need to support each other! We can do this
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Same here! I lost over 30lbs a year and a half ago then let myself get in the way so after staring at myself in the mirror and hating what I see along with starting to plan my dream destination wedding, it's time to get back where I was and even farther this time
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Second time around here! Lost 60lbs, had health problems & had abdominal surgery, gained back 20lbs pre-op and another 10lbs post-op, and have been cruising along at that weight for 18 months. Back on track for the last 24 days and counting :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I think this is a GREAT thread! Support each other this time around, and hold each other accountable to not gain it back. And along the way I highly recommend you explore the truth behind WHY you gained it back (i.e. you ate more than you burned). Figure out how to make THIS the last time.

Excellent thread! :drinker: