looking for pals!

Options
Wow! Today I discovered there were discussion boards on this app! Neat!

My name is Allison and I've been an on and off user of myfitnesspal. I've had this account for about 4 years, however always kept it private, I suppose because I was embarrassed to be using a weight loss app. But now I am back and am definitely looking for some support and encouragement as I try to lose these last 10 pounds!

A little about me:
I'm 22 year old future teacher. In high school, I had awful eating habits. Awful in the sense that they were dangerous. I would skip meals, over exercise and refuse to go to social events that forced me to eat something "bad." I stayed between 125-135 throughout all of high school and, being 5 foot 4 inches, I looked healthy and proportionate. It made it easy for people to not guess that I struggled with food.

And then I went to college. And by my sophomore year I had gained just about 40 pounds. I could not believe it. I hated my body.

The rest of my sophomore and junior year was a constant battle of trying to eat very little or not caring or eating too much. So finally, in my senior year, I decided to make a change. I started to learn to cook and stopped snacking so much. At the end of my senior year, I had lost back 30 or the 40 pounds, and that's where I'm at now. A lot of it was lost in a healthy way, and some of it was not. Because of that, I've decided to post on here and make myself accountable.

So here I am. Looking to lose the last 10 in a healthy way. Looking for some fitnesspals to encourage me! Looking for reccomendations on how to drink (small amounts) regularly and not gain weight. Let's do this!!! :)