Cellulite?

Options
What are the best exercises to do to get rid of cellulite? Or are there any? I am 135 and 5'6 so I'm not super overweight, But i have a little bit on the back of my upper thigh and want to get rid of it (haven't even had kids yet). Any tips would be helpful!

Replies

• ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Squats!!
    I did 6 weeks of just body weight squats and it all disappeared off the back of my thighs
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    You'll never really get rid of it, but dropping body fat and building up muscle lessens the appearance of it slightly.

Answer to most things here: lift weights.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    None really. You can lessen the appearance of cellulite with overall drop in body fat & building up some muscle.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Do a quit youtube search of different types of squats, then do them. You'll get a great near end.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    1. Do some form of weights/resistance work.
    2. Losing weight helped with mine, but it is by no means eradicated, and losing weight may do nothing for you. I have friends much heavier and less active than I am, and they have literally none that I can notice (see point 4).
    3. Use self tan to disguise it.
    4. Accept some girls & women will have a degree of it from their teen years onwards. It's largely genetic. I bet it looks ten times worse to you that it does to anyone else.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is genetic. You can lose excess fat and build muscle but at a certain point you cannot get rid of it.

Read: http://breakingmuscle.com/womens-fitness/the-dirty-little-secret-of-the-female-athlete-cellulite
  • Brolympus
    Brolympus Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Fork putdowns :p

Spot treatment is a myth. You can get rid of it through dropping bodyfat overall. Increasing muscle mass will also make it less noticeable. Note that fat loss and muscle gain are opposing activities, one requires a calorie deficit, and the other a surplus, so you will have to go through a few bulk/cut cycles likely to get the result you are looking for.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I've managed to reduce cellulite with a calorie deficit, squats, a lifestyle full of walking and climbing stairs, yoga, and fun (hiking, swimming in the ocean, etc).