10 Things I learned in my first 200 Days on My FItness Pal

Options

Today I hit 200 days in a row.....I have signed up as a Mentor on My Fitness Pal, and I have many "friends" who look for my notes for encouragement.
When I see someone logging in for so many days in a row and all the likes I am intrigue...what have you learned. Well today I hit 200.

Here is what I learned.

1- It's a commitment to log in every day. I do notice some will only log in a coffee or a breakfast but it still is considered a log. I try to fill in all areas, including when I am sick- on vacation, and busy. I am pleased to say MFP is on my iPhone, iPad, work and home computer.
2- I pack my lunch daily so I log my breakfast and lunch at the same time around 9:00 am. plus this is when I add my night before activity and then close it- not all the time but I try to do as much in one sitting as I can.
3- I have learned to drink more water.
4- I have learned all the beverages I drink add up.....a lot. I am not a (pop) soda drinker but I drink, beer, wine and champagne. Alcohol actually gin/ vodka etc. have the least amount of calories, but I know no matter what the you consume any alcohol has to burn off before any body fat can be burned.
5- I have been on/ off an Atkins way of eating for the last 6 months, I have learned sometimes when I searched a food it will give me calories with no carbs..I know it's incorrect so I have to search again. Or enter my own.
6- I like the new update of the green check marks verifying the nutrient count on those foods
7- I do use the same Cardio almost everyday. I am facing both knees replaced because of my arthritis. I do a lot of cardio in the water.
8- I enjoy watching the results of my mentees and friends.
9-When I am upset of my weight look I can search back and see what I ate in the days before some of my weight loss days.
10- I will continue to fill in daily my food and activity. I still have a 20 pound loss to go. I know loosing the extra weight will benefit me in my new knees. I just hope I come out an inch taller :)

Replies

• Myweightlossdiary
    Myweightlossdiary Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Number 2, 3, and 9 is something I do too! I quit drinking soda/coffee back in January and haven't looked back. I've only been logging for 64 days straight and can't wait to get to 100. I really believe people who commit to logging lose weight more often than those who don't.

The only thing I'd add to your list is I've learned to stop making excuses as to why I can't do whatever I need to do to be healthy. I used to make every excuse in the book but I'm tired of sabotaging myself. Great job on being so dedicated to your goals! I really needed to read this post today. :smile:
  • Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Today I hit 200 days in a row.....I have signed up as a Mentor on My Fitness Pal, and I have many "friends" who look for my notes for encouragement.
    When I see someone logging in for so many days in a row and all the likes I am intrigue...what have you learned. Well today I hit 200.

Here is what I learned.

1- It's a commitment to log in every day. I do notice some will only log in a coffee or a breakfast but it still is considered a log. I try to fill in all areas, including when I am sick- on vacation, and busy. I am pleased to say MFP is on my iPhone, iPad, work and home computer.
    2- I pack my lunch daily so I log my breakfast and lunch at the same time around 9:00 am. plus this is when I add my night before activity and then close it- not all the time but I try to do as much in one sitting as I can.
    3- I have learned to drink more water.
    4- I have learned all the beverages I drink add up.....a lot. I am not a (pop) soda drinker but I drink, beer, wine and champagne. Alcohol actually gin/ vodka etc. have the least amount of calories, but I know no matter what the you consume any alcohol has to burn off before any body fat can be burned.
    5- I have been on/ off an Atkins way of eating for the last 6 months, I have learned sometimes when I searched a food it will give me calories with no carbs..I know it's incorrect so I have to search again. Or enter my own.
    6- I like the new update of the green check marks verifying the nutrient count on those foods
    7- I do use the same Cardio almost everyday. I am facing both knees replaced because of my arthritis. I do a lot of cardio in the water.
    8- I enjoy watching the results of my mentees and friends.
    9-When I am upset of my weight look I can search back and see what I ate in the days before some of my weight loss days.
    10- I will continue to fill in daily my food and activity. I still have a 20 pound loss to go. I know loosing the extra weight will benefit me in my new knees. I just hope I come out an inch taller :)

how do you become a Mentor on My Fitness Pal?
  • christine5901
    christine5901 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Rock on girl! No more excuses. Can't wait to shop "in my own closet"
  • FuriousFurian
    FuriousFurian Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    great advice!