Weight loss Plateau

Options
Hello :)
I've been exercising a lot and eating below my daily goal for about a month now, and I've weighted the same for the past 2 weeks, I've obviously plateaued and I don't know how to break it? anyone have any ideas?? Thanks! also feel free to follow me, I'll follow back, I could always use more motivation :)

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Two weeks isn't long enough to be a plateau. Keep doing what you're doing.

In the meantime, are you weighing your food? Using generic database entries? Are you eating back exercise calories? These things can impact your deficit.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I don't know if 2 weeks of no weight loss is a plateau. That depends on a lot of factors. How many calories are you eating? What are your macros? How are you exercising? How much weight are you trying to lose? Are you tracking your body measurements? I lot of times, people will lose no weight but inches are dropping at a great pace. That is still progress being made. Something to consider.

If you are in a plateau, then you'll need to shock the system. You can make a change to exercise, nutrition, or both.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Did I obviously plateau? This was 16 days, for example.

z7agz0skhr5p.png
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    2 weeks is a stall, 8-10 weeks is a plateau. Keep doing what you're doing and it will come.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I've plateaued for five months. Not to discount your concern, but two weeks isn't bad, especially for a female. Make sure you're drinking a lot of water to counteract some of the water weight you're likely holding onto. Also, realize that sometimes the fat just doesn't seem to want to come off for a while, and then will seem to fall off a little faster at times.

In my experience (definitely not saying this is everyone's), it's fairly typical to lose a decent amount at the beginning and then to see it taper off for a while, before it finally stabilizes at a normal weekly loss. This is especially true if you're just starting to work out, as intense exercise can facilitate water retention.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Two weeks isn't a plateau. I know it's frustrating not to see a weight loss every single week, but weight loss is not linear.

There could be a couple of reasons why you haven't lost weight. Did you introduce a new exercise routine, are you eating a lot of sodium, and depending on where you are in your cycle you may be retaining some water weight.

Just keep doing what you are doing and log your calories. (If you don't have a food scale I highly recommend purchasing one) Give it another month and if there is still no weight change, maybe reevaluate then.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    change your exercise routine. might help