PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I don't wanna grow up

I'm a Toy'r'Us kid...
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    The thread's title change has killed part of the funny.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Very good question I ask myself all the time. Well for me I kept cheeting and eating unhealthy things. I wasn't taking it seriously. I would start loosing the weight then think its OK to cheet, then once I did I figured oh well let me just eat bad for the rest of the day. Then it became hard to start again. I just had a baby and of course there is extra weight that i need to lose and I said to myself that this time it not a diet its a lifestyle change

See, to me one of the biggest scams the diet industry pulls is to convince you that when you 'fail' at a diet, it's because you didn't do it right, you cheated, whatever - rather than admitting that it's the diet that is flawed. You don't need Dr Poon, Dr Oz, Dr Hyam, clean eating, rules, restrictions... you need a calorie deficit and a way of eating that you can live with for life. A 'treat' isn't cheating. It isn't unhealthy. It's a part of life and can be fitted into a very healthy, sustainable, weight losing intake.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    No counting calories?
    So the Poon diet is all you can eat? Sounds good to me.

a8857a12-1950-43c2-931e-2dc5a63bb709.gif

gifstache.com_2255_1349982000.gif
  • 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    andympanda wrote: »
    How long 'till this get's dirty, and the thread gets closed?

I’m not going there! I watch Bait Car on tv, “just keep walking!”

I think most diets are the same, they restrict your calories in one form or another, or get you on an exercise program.
    The difference is whether you want to pay for the information or not. On MFP you get the information free.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Poon diet? This is the first time I've heard of it……….

I quickly checked out the website and was immediately drawn to the comment "Dr. Poon's blah blah blah is about what to eat rather than how much to eat."

You see, this type of thinking is incorrect. Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit. How much you eat is what you need to focus on for weight loss. In terms of health, you would want to focus on what you eat (while still eating in a deficit).
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I agree that if it's your 3rd go around and you've 'cheated' before, why not try something more sustainable like eating your normal foods within your calorie goal?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lolz. Never cheat on good poon.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Grow up

Hmm. The last poon shenanigans were very well received, as I recall.

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    :unamused:

tumblr_m0swd94ezj1qe8xs7_zpsf3bf5a14.gif

This discussion has been closed. This is the motivation and support forum, not chit-chat. Yes, some 'diets' and people have names that make us chuckle, but that is no reason to turn someone's "help me" discussion into a gif-fest. We were all new to the community once, and every last one of us learned something from them. Let me remind you of this little thing:

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

davis_em
This discussion has been closed.