Gadgets

Been looking into wrist type trackers, ie. Fitbit, jawbone etc..
Which devices do people have and reviews on them please?

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    I used to have a BodyMedia arm band (2.5 years--JawBone bought them out). I credit it with keeping me accountable as far as activity intensity and calories burned goes.

I did a lot of research and recently bought a Garmin Vivoactive watch and chest strap. I was considering a Fitbit Surge, an Apple Watch, Mio Fuse and a Runtastic Orbit (I already use Runtastic to map my runs). I decided on the Garmin as a "best fit for me" for the following reasons:
    • I don't care about heart rate on a minute to minute basis, but do care about it when I'm training. Everything I've read says there's a larger margin for error with the wrist HRMs. I also don't like things tight on my wrist. :smile: So I wanted something with a chest strap.
    • I like getting the notifications on my phone. It's much more subtle during meetings to check my wrist for a text than to reach for my phone to see if it's something to which I need to respond.
    • I like getting the notifications, but I like that it only vibrates and doesn't make noise.
    • I like the apps and they are constantly adding new ones for more functionality.
    • I like the different settings for indoor vs. outdoor exercise.
    • I like the color interface.
    • Set-up was super easy.
    • Good phone app and website interface with the device.
    • Battery lasts well and charges really fast.

I love Apple, so it was hard to resist the watch, but I really want the HRM functions I get with what I've got.

Hope that helped a little! Here's a site with lots of reviews that I looked at:
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2404445,00.asp[\url]
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Fitbit Flex. And I like it a lot.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Fitbit Flex. And I like it a lot.

^ What they said!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    I have the Jawbone up, love it.
  • KariFreeman2
    KariFreeman2 Posts: 28 Member
    Fitbit charge!!!! I love it so much I bought all my family one and they all love them ☺️ we have weekly challenges with each other. Great motivator
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    The Garmin Vivofit and I love it so freaking hard:). It was between this and the Fitbit Flex, and I think I went with the Vivofit because it runs on a watch battery and doesn't need to be recharged by USB. I lose USB cords :).
  • gilliebee63
    gilliebee63 Posts: 94 Member
    I love my fitbit flex. I am not into hardcore training (where GPS or heart rate might matter) but I like having a little more info on my calorie burn, because I have very little flexibility as a shorter middle aged woman. 100 cals this way or that matters!
  • melissamj90
    melissamj90 Posts: 9 Member
    I think I'm leaning more towards the the fitbit flex as I'm not overly bothered about the HRT. More of a calorie and step watcher lol. Thank you for your comments though as I hadn't heard of some that have been mentioned, will have to research them ones first
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    I started with a Fitbit Flex and downgraded to a Fitbit Zip because I wanted to wear bracelets again .. I can wear the zip in a pocket or in my bra

the only difference is it doesn't track sleep .. I never really tracked sleep anyway

love it ..
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I like my jawbone...i have a Fitbit Zip but didn't care for it...
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    i have my sturdy polar ft4!
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Vivoactive. Like that it can track daily steps and doubles as a gps watch for running.
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    I have a Tom Tom GPS running watch. Does outdoor and treadmill running and has race, training and interval modes. I love it. Picks up GPS quick and is very accurate.
  • Angiefit4life
    Angiefit4life Posts: 210 Member
    I love my jawbone up. It keeps me motivated:)