Stay the Course

mssmssy
mssmssy Posts: 32 Member
Sooo...Trust the process. That's what I am telling myself. I'm 2 weeks and 3 days into this and the loss has already slowed WAY down. I know it happens. My body has to get used to the fact that I'm not eating burgers for dinner. I get that, but boy is it frustrating!

Replies

• worstcaster
    worstcaster Posts: 217 Member
    Try to find some satisfaction in the process itself. Enjoy experimenting with new healthy recipes and finding exercise types you enjoy. Maybe increase your time between weigh ins. Good luck!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    mssmssy wrote: »
    Sooo...Trust the process. That's what I am telling myself. I'm 2 weeks and 3 days into this and the loss has already slowed WAY down. I know it happens. My body has to get used to the fact that I'm not eating burgers for dinner. I get that, but boy is it frustrating!

Think abut the people who have to stay the course for years. Start managing your expectations of how long it will take 1lb a week is a starting rule of thumb. If you wnat to be less frustrated then learn more about weight loss and make an effort to execute it properly. If you get frustrated its becayse you choose ro be so.

Imo theres not much point starting unless you are going to finish or thats my mindset.
  • Cocoa1020
    Cocoa1020 Posts: 197 Member
    ive been working out since october and just seeing results now... it takes time but it will come. i also read your profile and noticed you love dessert. I have this issue. I started drinking muscle milk protein shakes to help curb my appetite and boy does it work. not only that it also helps curb my sweet tooth because some of the flavors are so rich. you can also make frozen treats with them. :)

• andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Remind yourself of your motivation for doing this. IF you have to post it all over your home.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member

Only two weeks in? Life's a journey, not a destination, and weight loss is the same thing. The initial weight loss you saw that seemed so exciting was water. You should lose only 1-2 lbs. per week. Remember, you're going to be this for a while, and once you reach your goal weight, you'll be moving into maintenance, and that's for life.

also, if you are telling yourself you're never eating burgers again, you WILL fail. that's just fact. It's okay to have burger. Just make it work in your calorie deficit, by using very lean beef, or having a 1/2 of a burger, or a slider-sized burger. Or eat fewer calories for your other meals so the burger fits into your day. Depriving yourself completely will lead to a 'cheat' mindset and failure in the long run.