Back on the Wagon & considering IIFYM

Options
So I have not used this thing in a while, obviously. Today, while on a work-cation, my boyfriend and I visited a local lighthouse. To get to the top we had to climb 203 stairs! 203!! Needless to say it put some thing in perspective. Hours later I am still thinking about it; realizing just how out of shape and overweight I am. So now I am going to get back on the wagon and considering IIFYM. Does anyone on her have any luck with that or any opinions/input to give/share?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    IIFYM is pretty much flexible dieting. You eat what you want, when you want, as long as it fits your macronutrient targets as well as micronutrient targets.

The problem with IIFYM is that some people totally disregard that and just eat junk all the time, they disregard or just decrease their consumption of foods which are nutritious.

I am all for it. I eat what I want when I want, and I eat nutritious food (well I try ;))
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    IIFYM is just a fancy name for what you do on MFP. Eat what you like, in portion sizes to suit your goals. Sure, you may pay a little more attention to hitting specific macro goals instead of just a calorie goal, but the principle is the same.
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    IIFYM here :) love it and no we don't sit round all day eating pop tarts lol

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I do IIFYM but that being said I ensure my macros are hit first before I eat the "other stuff"

My diary is open to the public so it's easy to see my protein is the most important then fat and carbs fall where they may.

IIFYM tho means if it fits your macros/micros while staying in goal...